What's new

14th Tank Platoon

One thing I didn't like about Burke back in college was his lack of FTA. Then I noticed he started getting to the line A TON and it made me more optimistic about him. Idk why it happened, but hopefully it happens again :)

What Burke has going for him is the fact that he's way more skilled than most basketball players his age usually are. If he keeps improving year-to-year at the rate he has so far, he'll be a fine player. I also think he'll be a very efficient half-court player, which will really help in the playoffs - if the Jazz ever get there.

What Burke has going for him is the fact that he's way more skilled than most basketball players his age usually are. If he keeps improving year-to-year at the rate he has so far, he'll be a fine player. I also think he'll be a very efficient half-court player, which will really help in the playoffs - if the Jazz ever get there.

Facebook-thumbs-up.jpg

Trey Burke MUST get to the line next year if he wants to continue to be a starter. I'm still not convinced he won't become a backup pg, anyway.

His D is nonexistent. Did he even take a single charging foul this year? His shooting is average at best. He doesn't penetrate particularly well. I can't think of a single "elite' aspect to his game. What does Burke do that makes him effective enough to start?

Dos intangibles

This thread got off topic for a while, most of the recent posts should be in other threads. Anyway, lets hope the we lose tomorrow as their is still a chance we tie for 4th-5th worst record with Boston or with a Utah win and Orlando loss we can tie for 3rd-4th worst record

Tonight's Games:

Indiana @ Orlando
Utah @ Minnesota

This thread got off topic for a while, most of the recent posts should be in other threads. Anyway, lets hope the we lose tomorrow as their is still a chance we tie for 4th-5th worst record with Boston or with a Utah win and Orlando loss we can tie for 3rd-4th worst record

Tonight's Games:

Indiana @ Orlando
Utah @ Minnesota

Minnesota has really been our bogey team this year, so I'm picking we go nice and gentle into that good night

I am not optimistic about tonight's games. Orlando May be playing a pacers team that is resting three starters, but Orlando has shown a strong commitment to the tank. Their coach has caught the vision, and the players bought in early. Vucivic is out Jameer Nelson is out, Aflolololo has had mysterious injuries for key games all season long.

Meanwhile those pesky timberpups have killed the jazz this season, the jazz quit trying hard in early march, and maybe quit trying altogether in the 4 the quarter against the lakers. There is no reason to believe the jazz can win....which spells "trap game".

I am not optimistic about tonight's games. Orlando May be playing a pacers team that is resting three starters, but Orlando has shown a strong commitment to the tank. Their coach has caught the vision, and the players bought in early. Vucivic is out Jameer Nelson is out, Aflolololo has had mysterious injuries for key games all season long.

Meanwhile those pesky timberpups have killed the jazz this season, the jazz quit trying hard in early march, and maybe quit trying altogether in the 4 the quarter against the lakers. There is no reason to believe the jazz can win....which spells "trap game".

Orlando is 4-6 over their last 10. Where as Utah is 1-9 and has the longest losing streak in the league at 5. Utah is showing these other tanking teams how to finish a season (so far).

Two weeks ago people were freaking out that Utah would go into the lottery around 8th. Tonight during the final game they have a chance to tie for the third spot going into the lottery.

Utah stepped up when we needed them to.

We need n Orlando win and a Utah loss.

OR at least a:

Boston win.

OR at least a:

Boston win.

Imo we just need a utah loss.

Im very happy witj sole possession of 4th spot.

It would be nice for orlando and boston to win but all i really need is one last utah loss

Imo we just need a utah loss.

Im very happy witj sole possession of 4th spot.

It would be nice for orlando and boston to win but all i really need is one last utah loss

I agree, my point was that even if Utah wins that's not the whole story.

Utah's a huge underdog the line opened at -10 and moved to -11. Kevin Love's scored 40 and 43 their last 2 games, i think we're safe.

Orlando's favored by 4½ vs the Pacers

Orlando is 4-6 over their last 10. Where as Utah is 1-9 and has the longest losing streak in the league at 5. Utah is showing these other tanking teams how to finish a season (so far).

Two weeks ago people were freaking out that Utah would go into the lottery around 8th. Tonight during the final game they have a chance to tie for the third spot going into the lottery.

OR at least a:

Boston win.

bilde

Way to ignore all the other potential losses Utah could have had.

Here are a few for you:

v. Bulls 11/25
@ Magic 12/18
@ Bobcats 12/21
v. Lakers 12/27
v. Bobcats 12/30
v. Wizards 01/25
v. Sixers 02/12
v. Pelicans 04/04

Or the wins we never should have had at all...

v Rockets 12/02
v. Thunder 01/07
v Heat 02/08

Breaking it down to one single play like that just seems unfair to me.

Timberolves want to finish at .500 (they are 40-41 right now). We've lost the three other games to them by an average of 19 points. It's a road game.

I think it's pretty surprising that last years team only won 5 more road games than this years team.

Way to ignore all the other potential losses Utah could have had.

Here are a few for you:

v. Bulls 11/25
@ Magic 12/18
@ Bobcats 12/21
v. Lakers 12/27
v. Bobcats 12/30
v. Wizards 01/25
v. Sixers 02/12
v. Pelicans 04/04

Or the wins we never should have had at all...

v Rockets 12/02
v. Thunder 01/07
v Heat 02/08

Breaking it down to one single play like that just seems unfair to me.

Im sure spycam and myself would have like to lose any and all of those games but is it wrong to want to have lost the orlando game?

Im sure spycam and myself would have like to lose any and all of those games but is it wrong to want to have lost the orlando game?

No it is not. Not even a little. I do think it is wrong to pin it on that single loss though.