What's new

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

If Clarkson, THT and Gay all opt-in plus a we guarantee KO’s and Dunn’s contracts we would be at 14 total players including our three draft picks for a total of $105,433,822.

That would mean we would have just shy of 31M in cap space and we would be 15M away from the salary cap floor.

If Clarkson, THT and Gay all opt-in plus a we guarantee KO’s and Dunn’s contracts we would be at 14 total players including our three draft picks for a total of $105,433,822.

That would mean we would have just shy of 31M in cap space and we would be 15M away from the salary cap floor.

Let’s say all of the above happens except Clarkson leaves in FA then we would have around 45M in cap space.

We could bring everyone back and give Clarkson a small increase on an extension while still almost having a max cap space slot.

We could bring everyone back and give Clarkson a small increase on an extension while still almost having a max cap space slot.

If Clarkson and THT both leave plus we don’t pick up KO’s guarantee we would have two max cap space slots.

I think a good use of our cap space would definitely be a negotiate and extend with Lauri along with taking bad salary back while moving up in the draft if needed. We could do both and still sign a pretty good free agent.

I think a good use of our cap space would definitely be a negotiate and extend with Lauri along with taking bad salary back while moving up in the draft if needed. We could do both and still sign a pretty good free agent.
I think renegotiate and extend may only be possible next year... I think it has to be after the 3rd anniversary of the contract signing.... but can't completely remember. This is something we should do at some point though... yes. So if we need to give ourselves some wiggle room for next year we should.

Holy ****. that boggles my mind. Ainge da god

I think renegotiate and extend may only be possible next year... I think it has to be after the 3rd anniversary of the contract signing.... but can't completely remember. This is something we should do at some point though... yes. So if we need to give ourselves some wiggle room for next year we should.

I think you’re right, I remember us talking about that before.

I think you’re right, I remember us talking about that before.
It does factor in if we traded for like Dejounte Murray cuz we could offer an extension. There is also the weird dance we can do with JC where he opts in and we renegotiate and extend giving him like 25M this year and then like 15M the next two years to finesse future cap maneuverability.

Kris Middleton cray cray for turning down a 40 mil player option. Where he think he's gonna get more from? Damn... Bucks probably be doing cart wheels atm.

Kris Middleton cray cray for turning down a 40 mil player option. Where he think he's gonna get more from? Damn... Bucks probably be doing cart wheels atm.
You think you know better? lol

He opted out while he was one year younger/not in a coffin. He's angling for a longer deal and his team has already been in talks with many parties (legally or illegally).

So (at least) two teams just dumped players central to their build before the draft has even happened... This is madness.

Wat? No, dude's just going to resign a longer deal to make up the cash while saving some tax space for the Bucks. Win/win.

For a long time, I’ve felt like using cap space to take on bad salary and draft assets was going to be the best use of that resource, but now I think it might be best to go after a player or two to add to the rotation -

Start off by giving a big offer to Austin Reaves day one and forcing LA to match it. When they do that, turn your focus to Kyle Kuzma or Jerami Grant. Depending on what happens with Clarkson, THT & Sexton, they could take a look at Naz Reid as well, but I imagine he’s going to want a starting job instead of being behind Kessler.