What's new

2 Reasons Why Jazz Lost Game 5

Pastramiking

There are 2 plays that are momentum shifting reasons that the jazz lost game 5

1. Quinn Snyder not calling for review of George’s Niang’s steal/kickball. Allowing Denver to get the ball back made it a 4 point swing and from that moment Denver had the momentum. Utah lost its double digit lead a couple plays before and could have got it back to 8, instead it went to 4 and Denver had confidence and control the rest of the way. If it was in the first half or if the Jazz were up by double digits, I agree with not calling for the review, but with the tide shifting being conservative is not wise.

2. Royce ONeal being too scared to shoot the wide open 3. Make or miss, it would be a good shot from his spot. If he makes it that would have shifted the moment back. Miss it and it is in the flow of the game and the right b-ball play. Odd, as he is usually so aggressive in the first half. ONeal can’t be afraid and can’t just wait for DM to do everything on the offensive end.

Snyder should not be afraid or wait for a “better” time to call a clear win on the review and Royce needs to stay aggressive on offense for 4 quarters.

We got out of our rhythm when they switched their defense.

Also, we couldn't get foul calls when we split the defense and attacked the paint with guys hanging all over us.

Last, our subs were a little odd. We could have used Jordan Clarkson to get some scoring when we the nugfets went on their 18 - 4 run. But he seemed to sit and we lost our aggression and confidence.

Jamal Murray out dueled Donovan in this one. Thats why they lost. IDK why people here dont wanna give him any credit, it's pretty clear the rest of the Nuggets arent really playing that well, and he's hard-carrying the squad.

There are 2 plays that are momentum shifting reasons that the jazz lost game 5

1. Quinn Snyder not calling for review of George’s Niang’s steal/kickball. Allowing Denver to get the ball back made it a 4 point swing and from that moment Denver had the momentum. Utah lost its double digit lead a couple plays before and could have got it back to 8, instead it went to 4 and Denver had confidence and control the rest of the way. If it was in the first half or if the Jazz were up by double digits, I agree with not calling for the review, but with the tide shifting being conservative is not wise.

2. Royce ONeal being too scared to shoot the wide open 3. Make or miss, it would be a good shot from his spot. If he makes it that would have shifted the moment back. Miss it and it is in the flow of the game and the right b-ball play. Odd, as he is usually so aggressive in the first half. ONeal can’t be afraid and can’t just wait for DM to do everything on the offensive end.

Snyder should not be afraid or wait for a “better” time to call a clear win on the review and Royce needs to stay aggressive on offense for 4 quarters.
How is #1 a 4 point swing?

You realize the reversed call would have just been a jump ball at best right?

We had a general lack of focus from a couple guys and Murray and Jokic went supernova... gonna need better effort and focus.

I think Denver has done a good job throwing everything they can at Utah.

Utah just sucked down the stretch. Maybe they should have tried to rest Gobert or Mitchell to start the 4th. IDK>

Ingles on 97.5 just said they were up in the third and they let a few bad calls get into their heads. That explains the complete 180 they did imo

Ingles on 97.5 just said they were up in the third and they let a few bad calls get into their heads. That explains the complete 180 they did imo
Royce in particular... Got shoved by Murray and rather than going out to him he complains to the ref... meanwhile Murray meanders out to the three point line and hits a three. Royce looking for retribution leans in and sets the aggressive shoulder pick and gets an offensive foul. Just can't have that **** when you are closing a team out.

I give a ton of credit to Murray though... that ************* has no quit.

We gotta be aggressive, nasty and tough nosed. No more of this soft bs, it's very Denver like. We have more backbone then them , we gotta bring it tomorrow.

#2 reason should be THE reason, not that specific play mind you but for how the Jazz played as a whole from mid 3rd Qtr to the end of the game. That Royce play was maddening and my TV heard some choice string of obscenities directed at Royce because of it.

I had not heard the Ingles interview but he was also part of the problem, in the 2nd half at least. His explanation makes sense to me based off of my observations, early in the 3rd Qtr Millsap was really physical with Joe. Specifically on a play where Millsap backed Joe down and buried his shoulder deep into Joe and you could see Joe noticeably slower after that play (and he complained to the refs a lot after).

In the first Qtr the Jazz responded to the physicality and did little complaining, in the 3rd they did not respond other than complaining and wilted and puckered. The only players who did not seem to be effected was Mitchell and Conley, everyone else complained, wilted and puckered under the pressure.

In the third they played like it was their right to win the game. They lost because they didn't have any kind of killer instinct. Murray came out and punched them in the mouth and they cried to mommy rather than punching back.

Jamal Murray out dueled Donovan in this one. Thats why they lost. IDK why people here dont wanna give him any credit, it's pretty clear the rest of the Nuggets arent really playing that well, and he's hard-carrying the squad.

Malone trusted his star. Quin stuck with the rotation. We should have adjusted.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app