What's new

2014 College Football

If I'm BYU, I probably give an offer to Mo Langi, but I think BYU fans should temper their expectations somewhat.

Dude's never played a down of football, and while he's obviously a physical freak, he's never gone through little league or high school conditioning, let alone what it's going to take just to practice with a D1 football program. Maybe he's the next Ziggy-type of story but those are rare for a reason.

I'm interested to see what he weighs when he comes off his mission.

If I'm BYU, I probably give an offer to Mo Langi, but I think BYU fans should temper their expectations somewhat.

Dude's never played a down of football, and while he's obviously a physical freak, he's never gone through little league or high school conditioning, let alone what it's going to take just to practice with a D1 football program. Maybe he's the next Ziggy-type of story but those are rare for a reason.

I have no hopes for the dude.

Big ****er though

Who wants a piece of this guy?

B9_Am2sa_IAAEHc_SV.jpg

Anyone who is faster than a snail?

Physical freak? Is there a video of him doing something?

Physical freak? Is there a video of him doing something?
There is one somewhere of him playing rugby.
I have not seen, just heard about it on the radio.

Apparently he is very light on his feet

There is a 8 second clip of him knocking down a kid on youtube. it's got over 800,000 views.

Utah had a simliar player named Carlos Lozano a couple years ago that had to quit the team because he couldn't keep his weight down. He's going to have to lose a lot of weight if he's going to have a chance.

There is a 8 second clip of him knocking down a kid on youtube. it's got over 800,000 views.

Utah had a simliar player named Carlos Lozano a couple years ago that had to quit the team because he couldn't keep his weight down. He's going to have to lose a lot of weight if he's going to have a chance.

Huge difference in their builds. Lozano was just a fat ***. That other kid that got signed this year that is like 420 this year is a fatass too - which is why he didn't get a ton of attention. Motekai just looks like your typical polynesian build that hasn't been through proper weight training yet, not bursting at the seams fat. Which is why he had everyone talking about him on signing(the story behind him is obviously more interesting than average too). When he muscles up, he's not going to lose a lot of weight unless his coaches are obsessed with getting him to a specific #(and BYU has parted ways with guys over their lack of commitment to losing weight before). He might even be heavier. Those other guys need to drop 90 lbs to even have the athleticism to play.

Last edited:
Kind of a bummer for in state recruits huh? Utes did Ok but I hoped they would have turned this last season into a little more recruiting success. Losing Sitake seemed to hurt just as much as everyone thought it would. I also wonder if their constantly sold out stadium is a recruiting burden. Maybe if they had an extra 10k seats these young kids would be more likely to attend Utes games from an early age and become bigger fans.

Wednesday, the SEC conference announced that they now consider BYU non-conference Power 5 opponents, and just following that, BYU announced a two-game series with Mississippi State from the SEC, beginning in 2016. Mendenhall talked about the impact of that announcement, and what it means going forward.

Regarding the series with Mississippi State, Mendenhall said, "The announcement of the series with Mississippi State, coming off the heels of the SEC announcement, is cool ... playing them in October, starting in Provo ... it's great to get that caliber of team to play home and home."

Wednesday, the SEC conference announced that they now consider BYU non-conference Power 5 opponents, and just following that, BYU announced a two-game series with Mississippi State from the SEC, beginning in 2016. Mendenhall talked about the impact of that announcement, and what it means going forward.

Regarding the series with Mississippi State, Mendenhall said, "The announcement of the series with Mississippi State, coming off the heels of the SEC announcement, is cool ... playing them in October, starting in Provo ... it's great to get that caliber of team to play home and home."

You should be pumped about the matchup for sure, but being the SEC's loophole for being able to schedule down is a little less exciting!

Still, as a fan you should be excited.

You should be pumped about the matchup for sure, but being the SEC's loophole for being able to schedule down is a little less exciting!

Still, as a fan you should be excited.
Ya, I mean it's better than not having the sec schedule us anyway.

I will take what I can get at this point

This is good news for BYU and SEC. SEC can continue scheding down while everyone else tries to schedule up (Miss St has mastered this. Decent team, schedules themselves 8 wins a year, lose their 2-3 tough games, end up 9-4 and ranked) and BYU gets better games.