What's new

2014 *Current Players* NBA Fantasy Draft

Just an update.

The remaining matches will be posted tonight at 7 pm, and the polls will close 2 days later. The second round will begin as soon as the voting closes on the 13th of September.

The losing team with highest number of votes will qualify along with the seven winning teams. If two losing teams receive same number of votes, then the one with the higher percentage will advance.

The second round match ups will be drawn at random, similar to the first round ones.

Thanks Siro that's super.

Note re draw for next round. Usually we just continue with the bracket, i.e., me vs Num in the next round, instead of doing the draw each round. But yeah whatever you / everyone thinks is best, doesn't really bother me either way.

Thanks Siro that's super.

Note re draw for next round. Usually we just continue with the bracket, i.e., me vs Num in the next round, instead of doing the draw each round. But yeah whatever you / everyone thinks is best, doesn't really bother me either way.

Oh, that's how you do it? All right. Let's go with the traditional method. I suppose the qualified losing team gets to play the winner of QSH v Ellis match. Unless it's one of them, in which case... We'll cross that bridge.

Next year we should deffinetly do a draft with a salary cap. Would add more strategy and make teams more competitive.

Interesting concept, the problem will be how you set that cap though, cos what we're doing is collapsing 30 teams into 14 teams (that's why there's so much talent on each of these teams).

Interesting concept, the problem will be how you set that cap though, cos what we're doing is collapsing 30 teams into 14 teams (that's why there's so much talent on each of these teams).

I think we are intelligent individuals I'm sure we can figure all that stuff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we are intelligent individuals I'm sure we can figure all that stuff out.

Not saying we're not, LOL ... but what would the cap be set at? $80M? $90M? $100M? $110M? may be $150M? If you set it too low the teams won't be as exciting. If you set it too high it won't matter.

Getting all 14 teams to agree on the number would be difficult, IMO.

^^^

Not to mention how much slower it would make the drafting process. As it stands a number of picks were made on cell phones which made the process a bit quicker.

If you have to sit down and calculate your cap, etc, I think that's gonna make the drafting slower again.

^^^

Not to mention how much slower it would make the drafting process. As it stands a number of picks were made on cell phones which made the process a bit quicker.

If you have to sit down and calculate your cap, etc, I think that's gonna make the drafting slower again.

Stop being you for one moment please!! Just start the draft earlier in the summer. This draft went long because everyone's schedule got busier near the end of summer

Stop being you for one moment please!! Just start the draft earlier in the summer. This draft went long because everyone's schedule got busier near the end of summer

I wouldnt mind it cos i have all the time in the world to do the draft and i'm always online. I'm just worried about everyone else's commitment....

Also since we are doing the All Time draft as well usually there is less time at the back end.

I'm a practical man just trying to be practical.

Should I postpone posting the second round polls till tomorrow evening? Worried about lack of votes during the weekend.

A modified way of seeing who gets to advance of those that lost in the first round is vote differential by percentage?

Should I postpone posting the second round polls till tomorrow evening? Worried about lack of votes during the weekend.

Really don't have an opinion on this... I dunno what 'Mericans do with their Sat evenings. You should make the call!!

A modified way of seeing who gets to advance of those that lost in the first round is vote differential by percentage?

I'm thinking that given the results, we're better off going with percentages instead of number of votes. I expected similar voting numbers for all the match ups. But I guess not.