What's new

2014 Draft Combine

If you have ever played basketball before you know big hands and long arms are two of the best physical attributes to have.

I would say being tall and jumping helps too....also if you can shoot the ball thats a plus.

I'm talking straight physical attributes ... height is overrated ... standing reach is more important imo. Unless you are using the top of your head to do something on the court. .... Jumping obviously .... but having big hands and long arms can make life a lot lot easier for you.

Uh, Marcus Smart. Dude is 6'3" 230, jumps 36" and lane agility is faster than Wall, Westbrook and CP3.

Freak.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

He's the heaviest guy for someone his size in combine HISTORY. And yet his lane agility is faster than the fastest PG's in the league? Not to mention his wingspan is longer than any of those guys' too.

People are sleeping on Smart's physical gifts.

I'm talking straight physical attributes ... height is overrated ... standing reach is more important imo. Unless you are using the top of your head to do something on the court. .... Jumping obviously .... but having big hands and long arms can make life a lot lot easier for you.

Absolutely this.

Judging someone's physical profile by how tall they are is an extremely outdated concept.

He's the heaviest guy for someone his size in combine HISTORY. And yet his lane agility is faster than all those guys? Not to mention his wingspan is longer than any of those guys' too.

People are sleeping on his physical gifts.

He needs to sleep with some acne cream on.

He's the heaviest guy for someone his size in combine HISTORY. And yet his lane agility is faster than all those guys? Not to mention his wingspan is longer than any of those guys' too.

People are sleeping on his physical gifts.

Yep. Being the heaviest guy at that height in combine history, could be a negative, but to look at him he obviously carries it well, and then to see the athletic numbers, his weight essentially just makes him the physical freak and beast we saw at OK State.

Yep. Being the heaviest guy at that height in combine history, could be a negative, but to look at him he obviously carries it well, and then to see the athletic numbers, his weight essentially just makes him the physical freak and beast we saw at OK State.

His weight makes me wonder what his work ethic is like. Is he lazy and will let it get out of hand or does he have a serious motor and will work his butt off making his weight an asset?

His weight makes me wonder what his work ethic is like. Is he lazy and will let it get out of hand or does he have a serious motor and will work his butt off making his weight an asset?

You realize his weight is muscle, right? You don't build that type of muscle by being lazy.

Exactly. Being that heavy would only be a negative if it was slowing him down. Clearly it's not.

In all honesty him being 230 makes me like him a lot more. That is a load to keep out of the paint for 90% of the PGs in the league.

You realize his weight is muscle, right? You don't build that type of muscle by being lazy.

No I do not, that is why I was asking. Sincere question as I am fairly uninformed on draft picks. 99% of my info on them comes from this board.

That was kinda my point in saying it could be a negative. But with Smart, it's clear that he still is quick, fast, and can jump, so as spycam mentions, it's not as if he's a fat guy. He's just a big, strong, athlete. A powerful guard. A grown man.