What's new

2014 NBA Playoffs: 1st Round

Anybody noted All star Hibberts line today? 0pts, 0 reb 4 fouls. So overrated.

it's perplexing for sure.

but i think it's not even about him being overrated anymore. dude avg 17/10 last postseason. basically most thought he was coasting, and when it mattered dude performed. and he would dominate against smaller teams like he did against Heat. all of sudden he looks like a scrub. i mean he has turned into absolutely nothing. never seen anything like it.

my theory

1. he really is a mental midget
2. something is going on physically

i would say #1 is likely scenario. his inability to do anything in the court is something i've never seen in 30 years of watching nba.
i've seen this kinda drop off in the nfl in aging QBs or RBs. but not from nba player in his prime. 3-4pts drop off sure? bad fg% sure? but this dude has turned into nothing. like d league 19 year old project who is just learning how to baby hook nothing

Hibbert's body is breaking down. He has always had conditioning problems. Being 7'3 is hard.

I agree.

Dude looks like he is constantly playing in quicksand with concrete blocks tied to his feet.

but he always looked like that. he was always the slowest, biggest, heaviest dude on the court. he is a 12/8 guy, but because of his size and his willingness to be more active in the playoffs, he gets statistical boost in the playoffs. and if he isn't healthy, why is he even playing? yeah, he probably is breaking down, but from 12/8 to basically nothing doesn't make sense to me.

what i see is a dude, who forgot how to play. he can't get the ball. and when he gets the ball he does nothing with it. and when he finally gets the ball down low he badly misses gimmes. broken baby hook, wobbly footwork, no meanness. and he is always nowhere near the ball so he can't get the rebounds anymore. he boxes out but then he is too slow to react. it's like watching a movie where a character has an amnesia and forgot all about things he learned in the past. he should be in the sports psychiatry textbook. could be a great case study.

Paul George’s home was burglarized during the timeframe in which his Pacers were dropping Game 5 to the Hawks last night. Per the Indy Channel, George’s house was robbed of over $15,000 in jewelry and shoes, including an NBA platinum All-Star ring and a pair Air Jordan 4 “Toro” sneakers.

damn. this kid can't get a damn break. trade him to us. we will take care of him and be very nice to him.

Paul George’s home was burglarized during the timeframe in which his Pacers were dropping Game 5 to the Hawks last night. Per the Indy Channel, George’s house was robbed of over $15,000 in jewelry and shoes, including an NBA platinum All-Star ring and a pair Air Jordan 4 “Toro” sneakers.

Wtf is happening to the NBA...