What's new

2014 NBA Playoffs: 2nd Round

houston would've pushed spurs to their limit. blazers just look like they are happy to be there.

Yeah. I wanted Houston to win so it'd be a better series in this round. Blazers are getting their butts kicked.

spurs in 7 game thriller. it will be a good match up. i don't care about the regular season.

i have to favor spurs because of the home court.

They won't beat the Thunder. I don't know why you keep insisting they will. Few things have been more certain.

Miami has far from a clear path to the finals. Indiana is not all that great, generally speaking, but they match up with the Heat better than anyone. No matter how ****ty they look, or have looked, they are a tough out for Miami. I hope the Wiz win tho

I thought SA would win the series, but I thought Portland would at least be able to make a few game entertaining...

Wouldn't it be so Spurs if they were the first team ever to lose a series despite having a 3-0 lead tho.

But srs, this is pretty disappointing. SAS bench is just annihilating the Jailblazers, and Tony is in peak form. Damian Lillard M.I.A.

And the blazers coach pulls a Corbin. No wonder why he was fired before.

The way they defend Parker is pathetic and the zero adjustments is apparent.

Try going small. At least try something!

I love how the what coaches in the league are constantly adjusting. Rick Carlisle, Doc, spolstra, and Pops are constantly changing things up.

I love how the what coaches in the league are constantly adjusting. Rick Carlisle, Doc, spolstra, and Pops are constantly changing things up.

He doesn't get enough love. One of the best coaches out there.

I absolutely love watching Shaun Livingston play.

Also, Teletovic is one of the best undrafted players in recent memory-- huge pickup for Crooklyn. He's been killing Miami so far this series.

Not patting myself on my back. But I wrote in October that Teletovic may have some impact on the Nets' offense.

I'm really trying to figure out if the 7 game first round series for San Antonio was them coasting the first 6 games and then finding the switch.
OR if it was simply Houston AND Portland being horrible and making a good horror show.
OR is it Portland running out of gas and not being able to keep up with the Spurs' deep playoff rotation?

Not patting myself on my back. But I wrote in October that Teletovic may have some impact on the Nets' offense.

I'm really trying to figure out if the 7 game first round series for San Antonio was them coasting the first 6 games and then finding the switch.
OR if it was simply Houston AND Portland being horrible and making a good horror show.
OR is it Portland running out of gas and not being able to keep up with the Spurs' deep playoff rotation?

I think part of it was that SA hadn't hit their stride.

Another part of it was Rick Carlisle. The man is money. Kept Indy competitive through injuries and the Malice in the Palace. Got Dallas to buy into defense and team ball. The only team to have shred Lebron's Heat and best them down pretty easily.

Another part was that Dallas is a confident and proud veteran team. Dirk is just too damn good to allow his team to be smeared all over the place like Porty is letting SA do. Dallas wasn't your typical 8th seed. I think one could argue that had they played porty in the first round that we would be watching a Spurs vs Mavs second round.

Btw, great call on Tetlovich. I'd rather have him than Hayward.

It's embarrassing how bad OKC's offense is. People want to blame it on Westbrook, but I blame it on Brooks.

Truer words have never been said.

Brooks = Corbin

OKC wins in spite of his horrid coaching. He literally makes zero adjustments and doesn't have any offensive structure. Seriously, their 2 stars just take turns going 1 on 1. Sometimes Perkins sets a screen to help get them open. But it's a pee wee offense that makes even the Heat's basic offense look amazingly complicated.

Compare what OKC does to Pop's smooth coaching... Or Doc's (amazing adjustments going with 3 PGs) compared to Scotty's cheerleading is just hilarious.