What's new

2016-17 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

I look forward to Gobert lining the arena with a couple of those bad boys.

All these brackets reminded me of how I got into the Jazz in the first place. :D

Jazz.png

I want to beat the Clippers so ****ing bad. And then stealing one or two from GSW would make for an outstanding season.

I have a feeling we are about to see Rudy go ****ing insane. I hope the gulf in experience between the two teams isn't too much to overcome.

Woohoo! Playoffs!

So my wife and I are young recent grads who couldn't afford cable this year. I've been getting by by attending a few games and watching the 9-min highlight vids of most every game. But that obviously won't do for the playoffs. If I can't find a friend to catch the game with, what are your suggestions for watching the game in SLC? Are there any sports bars or restaurants where it won't feel weird staying for the whole game? I apologize for my noobishness. I've always been able to catch games on TV, either at my parents or at my own apartment, so this is new territory for me.

Thanks in advance and go Jazz! Looking forward to being more active on the forum again (instead of lurking) for the playoff run.
Go to bout time. Great food. Good atmosphere

Rivers is out first two games which is good.

I swear to you Crawford scores 40 a game on us on 115% shooting from 3... the stats websites have it wrong because that is how I remember it.

Over/Under on the amount of skirmishes Ingles is involved in during the series... Gonna say 10 and pound the over.

I hope that quin doesn't even think about the 2nd round. Put everything into every game against the clippers.

I'm hoping that our rotation gets super tight and our best players play huge minutes.
I want hayward, hill and gobert to play 40 minutes per game.
I want favors pushed to whatever his limit is minutes wise (we will need him badly against griffin)
I want jj, ingles, and hood to play maximum amount possible.

I want to see as little of mack, exum, burks ( ), withey, lyles, and Diaw (though he has grown on me) as possible.

There will be time to rest after every game. No more back to backs. There could be an extended break between rounds. The season is almost over and guys can rest then.

Go for broke. No mercy. No coddling guys boo boos anymore.

Jazz should just sweep them to keep pace with the Warriors. Kind of wish Denver would have edged Portland now that Nurkic is out.

When is the last time the Jazz hosted a game (regular season or playoffs) on a Sunday?

Game 4, WCF, Jazz-Lakers, May 11, 2008. Jazz win a thriller in OT. LHM drives his car around and later arrives at the arena.

I hope that quin doesn't even think about the 2nd round. Put everything into every game against the clippers.

I'm hoping that our rotation gets super tight and our best players play huge minutes.
I want hayward, hill and gobert to play 40 minutes per game.
I want favors pushed to whatever his limit is minutes wise (we will need him badly against griffin)
I want jj, ingles, and hood to play maximum amount possible.

I want to see as little of mack, exum, burks ( ), withey, lyles, and Diaw (though he has grown on me) as possible.

There will be time to rest after every game. No more back to backs. There could be an extended break between rounds. The season is almost over and guys can rest then.

Go for broke. No mercy. No coddling guys boo boos anymore.

I think we AR going to see a lot of the Hill, Ingles, Hayward, JJ, Gobert lineup. That means Hayward will spend a good chunk of time guarding Griffin.

Griffin is still a negative defender especially on the perimeter. That lineup probably breaks the Clippers D.

On the other end the key is playing good D on CP3 before he gets to Gobert. Rudy will have his hands full with DJ. Hill needs to step up. I'm honestly not worried about BG getting his if it means we can make CP less efficient. Which is another good reason to put Hayward on Griffin. If the Jazz are forced to switch a pnr then Hayward is now on CP3 instead of Favs.

I think we AR going to see a lot of the Hill, Ingles, Hayward, JJ, Gobert lineup. That means Hayward will spend a good chunk of time guarding Griffin.

Griffin is still a negative defender especially on the perimeter. That lineup probably breaks the Clippers D.

On the other end the key is playing good D on CP3 before he gets to Gobert. Rudy will have his hands full with DJ. Hill needs to step up. I'm honestly not worried about BG getting his if it means we can make CP less efficient. Which is another good reason to put Hayward on Griffin. If the Jazz are forced to switch a pnr then Hayward is now on CP3 instead of Favs.
Good stuff man