What's new

2017 College Football Thread

You know that's not how college football works, right?

Wait, I shouldn't ask questions that I already have the answers too. My bad.

It's not how it works, but it tells you what to expect. If you think BYU is beating Miss St in Starkville (or even keeping it close), then Pac-12 fans are really dumb.

I think both the MWC and AAC are coming up on renewed deals too. Of I were BYU I would be pushing for: BYU, Army, 7 MWC(including AF), 7 AAC(including Navy). It's still a tier below P5 but it's a clear tier above the rest of the FBS.

some possible annual bowls for conference
NY6 v P5
Las Vegas v Pac12
Birmingham v SEC
Miltary bowl(service academies)v ACC or Big10

I think BYU has the cache to make their own conference and I think it would be genius. If you could unite Army, Navy, and Air Force into the same conference and steal a Boise State and Colorado State in the process??

Us dirty Ute fans who say it's better for BYU to go back to a G5 conference just haven't been thinking outside of the box enough. This type of scenario allows BYU to gain conference stability without the bad look of "crawling back" to the MW or joining the AAC.

It's not how it works, but it tells you what to expect. If you think BYU is beating Miss St in Starkville (or even keeping it close), then Pac-12 fans are really dumb.

We still can't be as dumb as you coming in here pounding your SEC fanboy chest when A&M was up big on UCLA only to turn into a ghost when UCLA came all the way back to beat that ***. But like I said that night, Cy gonna Cy.

We still can't be as dumb as you coming in here pounding your SEC fanboy chest when A&M was up big on UCLA only to turn into a ghost when UCLA came all the way back to beat that ***. But like I said that night, Cy gonna Cy.

Pac-12 garbage tho

I think BYU has the cache to make their own conference and I think it would be genius. If you could unite Army, Navy, and Air Force into the same conference and steal a Boise State and Colorado State in the process??

Us dirty Ute fans who say it's better for BYU to go back to a G5 conference just haven't been thinking outside of the box enough. This type of scenario allows BYU to gain conference stability without the bad look of "crawling back" to the MW or joining the AAC.

It would be good for college football. That's an interesting league with solid storylines, traditions, and potentially strong rivalries.

note: I think you need 16 teams(8 western, 8 eastern) to make a national conference work. Any less or if it were too geographically lopsided it would fall apart.

It would be good for college football. That's an interesting league with solid storylines, traditions, and potentially strong rivalries.

note: I think you need 16 teams(8 western, 8 eastern) to make a national conference work. Any less or if it were too geographically lopsided it would fall apart.

Agree 100%.

Good post.

For as much grief as Bronco and Anae were given, they were extremely effective. They'd consistently win 8-10 games, score pts, and typically had at least one receiver who looked to be Div I (Harline, Collie, Pitta, George, Hoffman, Lesley, Matthews, etc). Right now I look at their offense and the talent just isn't there. It especially shows in the WR core. Furthermore, as predictable as Anae was, Detmer is 100x worse.

This is the 2nd time they've promoted a former great player with limited coaching experience to coach their most important group. Doman was a failure and clearly Detmer is too. Maybe next time they should hire a more proven commodity? Sometimes great players don't make for great coaches.

I like ARod.

Btw, what happens when their espn contract comes up? ESPN isn't as well off financially and byu looks like a diminished product. Time to go back to the MWC?
You don't think Matt bushman is a division 1 player?

Oregon lost to Arizona State.

If anybody sees that Ron Mexico guy, tell him I said Bwaaahaaahaaaaha, ducks suck.

Rutgers beat Maryland yesterday for their third Big 10 win. Huge, huge, huge for recruiting, at least hopefully. A couple days before we landed a huge recruit by getting IMG qb Sitkowski who's from NJ, went to IMG, committed to Miami, and then decommitted to go to RU. Hopefully others locally follow.