What's new

2017 Current Players NBA Draft FINALS: Siro vs. White Chocolate

Which team would win in a 7-game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Team Siro:

PG - Kyle Lowry / Patty Mills
SG - Bradley Beal / Zach LaVine
SF - LeBron James / Moe Harkless
PF - Ryan Anderson / Jabari Parker
C - Dwight Howard / Kelly Olynyk

Team White Chocolate:

PG - Stephen Curry / Derrick Rose
SG - Klay Thompson / Kyle Korver
SF - Danny Green / Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF - Marvin Williams / Dirk Nowitzki
C - Andre Drummond / Greg Monroe

Siro's Case:

n/a

White Chocolate's Case:

I wanted to build a team that spaces the floor well and has multiple three-point shooters on the court.

Stephen Curry - 43.3% from three on 10.6 attempts a game over the past 2 seasons.

Klay Thompson - 42% from three on 8.2 attempts a game over the past 2 seasons.

tumblr_olv326043v1s3gys4o1_400.gif

Danny Green - 35.6% from three on 4.5 attempts a game over the past 2 seasons.

Danny%2BGreen%2Bthree%2BShot%2BScience.gif

Marvin Williams - 37.6% from three on 4.7 attempts a game over the past 2 seasons.

1uf6hl.gif

It's proven what the Steph/Klay combo have done together on the court and those two will create up a ton of open shots for Green and Williams.

In addition to these players I have the best rebounder in the league in Drummond to clean up their misses.

giphy.gif

The league leader in double-doubles for the past 3 seasons is Andre Drummond with 163.

A key matchup to me is Andre Drummond vs. Dwight Howard. They played each other 3 times last season. Here are their head-to-head stats:

Andre Drummond - 14 PPG, and 15.3 RPG in 28.7 minutes per game.

Dwight Howard - 5.3 PPG and 8 RPG in 24.5 minutes per game.

Drummond completely outplayed Howard head-to-head last season. In 3 games last season Drummond went 2-1 and was +35. Howard went 1-2 and was -34. This is a huge advantage for my team.

Danny Green was named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team this past season.

I don't see any way how I don't beat his starters 3-2. Two out of his five bench players are injured (Parker, LaVine) and out for more than half of the upcoming season.

I have a much better bench than Siro and a better overall team. He has nobody to stop Curry and Thompson and Drummond completely outplayed Howard last season head-to-head.

tumblr_nsdgjfX4Cq1uo9qbco1_500.gif

Reactions: MVP
I am not quite sure what the point of putting up head to head stats are when players play each other 2 or 3 times. That is not a large enough sample size to draw a conclusion from.

WC has no one to slow Lebron down and Lebron has solid starters around him. Lowry and Beal are not quite as good as Curry and Thompson but the gap isnt that huge especially considering how huge the gap is between Lebron and Danny Green is. The PF/C spots are about even for me. I dont like either bench but WC's is better. But in the playoffs most teams dont go 10 deep they go about 8 deep. But its not close because of how much better Lebron is.

My team would have stomped Siro. I still have the best team in the tourney to slow down teams with the GOAT SF's.

I am not quite sure what the point of putting up head to head stats are when players play each other 2 or 3 times. That is not a large enough sample size to draw a conclusion from.

WC has no one to slow Lebron down and Lebron has solid starters around him. Lowry and Beal are not quite as good as Curry and Thompson but the gap isnt that huge especially considering how huge the gap is between Lebron and Danny Green is. The PF/C spots are about even for me. I dont like either bench but WC's is better. But in the playoffs most teams dont go 10 deep they go about 8 deep. But its not close because of how much better Lebron is.

I said it was a key matchup.

Who is going to stop Curry and Klay?

Drummond dominated Howard last season and there is data right in front of your eyes to back it up.

I said it was a key matchup.

Who is going to stop Curry and Klay?

Drummond dominated Howard last season and there is data right in front of your eyes to back it up.

Like I said a couple games head to head is not anything to draw a conclusion from. The sample size is waaayyyyyy to small for that. We have the entire season to look at and they are fairly similar players.

No one is going to stop Curry. Klay is mostly a jump shooter, almost all his shots are assisted. Those two are better but Lowry and Beal averaged a combined 45.5 ppg and 10.5 assists per game compared to 47.6 ppg and 8.7 assists per game for Steph and Klay. Those stats are not that far off from each other. They all shot about the same 3 point percentage. Its a somewhat close matchup that I give you the slight edge on.

Do we need to compare how much bigger a gap between Danny Green and Lebron is than that matchup?

Danny Green is guarding LeBron?

Ummm...lol.

Marvin Williams, Andre Drummond, Dirk, and Greg Monroe are your last lines of defense when Danny friggin Green is guarding LeBron?! Siro in 4.

Oh and WC. Danny Green is playing out of position. ;)

My performance in this competition shows how useless preparing a write up is.

The haters are out in full force.

Cy, JTT, Hekate, and Ron Mexico are all guaranteed votes against me.

Who else am I missing?

With very little upside, but Siro.

If we enhance the points table to determine the winner for the next season like seperate voting for write-ups, rosters, thread debates etc. , we might get more justified results out of player efforts in my opinion.

GH20

The haters are out in full force.

Cy, JTT, Hekate, and Ron Mexico are all guaranteed votes against me.

Who else am I missing?

You do realize I've voted for you this year, right? I thought Cy was better than your team, I think Siro is better than your team. How does that make me a hater? Is anybody who votes against you and shares their opinion on why a hater?

You do realize I've voted for you this year, right? I thought Cy was better than your team, I think Siro is better than your team. How does that make me a hater? Is anybody who votes against you and shares their opinion on why a hater?

I've made it to the Finals in both drafts this year. Out of 8 total matchups you've voted for me 2 times. It was both the first round when I won by 15+ votes each.

I highly doubt it's a coincidence.

I've made it to the Finals in both drafts this year. Out of 8 total matchups you've voted for me 2 times. It was both the first round when I won by 15+ votes each.

I highly doubt it's a coincidence.

Maybe you vote that way, I don't.

I always vote for who I think is the best team. Don't flatter yourself buddy, you don't mean that much to me.