What's new

2017 Draft Prospect Homer Thread (Since OL Aint Doing It)

Was going to go with Donovan Mitchell after the Jazz picked him, but I forgot to track down this thread. Loved him since that very first interview after his first workout. Thought he was too far out of reach tohope for.

Still think that "Spider" Mitchell is just fine for a nickname.

Generally you aren't really revered when you get the 1st overall pick right, which is why few people ever pick them.

Sure thing Mr. Bender ;) (props on Kuzma this year are well deserved)

Just playing of course Cy, but of the '16 picks I feel pretty good about his relative value even with being #1, that draft class has not looked good so far (to put it politely).

Brogdon of course would have been a great catch, but tagging 2nd rounders that will make it is dang hard.

Edit: Just looked it up and Simmons is already 2nd in career VORP for the class, lol (behind Brogdon)

Feels like Catchall, HH, Bodhi, Spycam, Saint Cy, Lopo, 8 and Eminence can all feel pretty good about their calls.

Damn, this really was an elite draft. If you picked a bust in this draft I feel sorry for you.
Incredible draft. You had guys like Jarrett Allen, OG Anynoby, Kyle Kuzma, Derrick White and Josh Hart all going in the 20 to 30 range. Bizarre.

By the way, what is Josh Jackson doing these days? Out of the league? That's one horrible whiff in this draft at #4.

For the record I never liked the nickname "spider". Just seemed to not fit him at all. I picture someone long and spindly as a spider, not stocky and strong. I know it is a nickname he likes and is a legacy thing, but I still think it is a poor fit.

For the record I never liked the nickname "spider". Just seemed to not fit him at all. I picture someone long and spindly as a spider, not stocky and strong. I know it is a nickname he likes and is a legacy thing, but I still think it is a poor fit.
It always felt very generic and not unique enough to him, but he is extremely long

It always felt very generic and not unique enough to him, but he is extremely long
I will take your word for it. I don't have that level of intimate knowledge, just the stereotypes. So I can believe it.

Damn, this really was an elite draft. If you picked a bust in this draft I feel sorry for you.
I thought so as well.. until I saw Hoopshype do a 30 pick redraft.

This 2017 might be the craziest class ever. Such eliteness at the top of the draft but still Hoopshype rightfully calls this a horrible class. At around 23 the quality just immediately drops to "non NBA player" level. I mean Josh Jackson is still listed as 25th despite flaming out from 2 teams and being unemployed right now. Also 5 of those top 23 guys are either undrafted or 2nd round picks... so only 18 FRPs survived even to become rotation guys. And basically no one from this draft has even hit their prime yet, so the disparity might even grow bigger.