What's new

2018-2019 NBA Season

One Love, if Memphis trades either Conley or Gasol is our bet still valid? I mean it is half the season and they are far far out of playoffs. I mean we agreed if there would be major injury it would invalidate the bet. But as of now they suck as I claimed and trade or not bet should stand IMHO.

So it was confirmed - Oladipo has ruptured quadriceps tendon. Very uncommon injury as it is the strongest tendon in the leg. Will get surgery and hopefully will be back to his regular self next year. What is good about this injury it does not require any grafts, and estimated return to sports is in average of 6 month. So he should be back for training camp next year.

Last edited:
Dinwiddie out 4-6 weeks with a thumb injury... why is this happening to likeable teams/players in the eastern conference? Sucks!

One Love, if Memphis trades either Conley or Gasol is our bet still valid? I mean it is half the season and they are far far out of playoffs. I mean we agreed if there would be major injury it would invalidate the bet. But as of now they suck as I claimed and trade or not bet should stand IMHO.

you've already won the bet. OL should just pay up now.

Agreed I lost the bet. Didn't see that coming at all. I need to save up first though...

Agreed I lost the bet. Didn't see that coming at all. I need to save up first though...
No rush mate. We can wait until they are officially out of playoffs. Maybe they will make a huge turnaround if they get some value from the trade.
Or maybe one day I will come to visit NZ and you will buy me some nice seafood dinner:)

No rush mate. We can wait until they are officially out of playoffs. Maybe they will make a huge turnaround if they get some value from the trade.
Or maybe one day I will come to visit NZ and you will buy me some nice seafood dinner:)
Haha.. I don't think they'll make the playoff for another 3-4 years sadly.

But yeah sounds good man, you're welcome any time, would be great to have a beer together 1 day!

Reactions: MVP
It will be interesting to see how this LeBron thing goes.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...amp-Prefer-A-Coaching-Change-From-Luke-Walton

If the Lakers are able to trade for AD then cool, but if not, and if they don’t land some other people, these next couple years could be wasted, and maybe this turns into a rich man’s Cleveland situation where every decision is made to appease LeBron, while sacrificing the entire future and not actually moving the needle. Some of their “promising” young guys are looking like crap, too.

I'd love to see Hayward traded, but no way does New Orleans want him for AD.

Is Stevens boxing himself into a corner? If Boston cant contend in the next few years, someone has to take the fall.

Here’s the interesting thing about Hayward’s season, though: he’s not showing any kind of upward trajectory that you would expect. He’s had a few big games here and there, but he seems stuck in his role, and unlike here where we just gave him the keys, he’s in a system where he’ll have to stand up and take them.

October 10.2 PPG
November 10.3 PPG
December 10.4 PPG
January 12.25 PPG

I mean, I suppose 2 PPG is a big increase for this month.

Here’s the interesting thing about Hayward’s season, though: he’s not showing any kind of upward trajectory that you would expect. He’s had a few big games here and there, but he seems stuck in his role, and unlike here where we just gave him the keys, he’s in a system where he’ll have to stand up and take them.

October 10.2 PPG
November 10.3 PPG
December 10.4 PPG
January 12.25 PPG

Those numbers lolololololololololololololololol

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Praying Rudy doesn’t make the ASG and plays lights out scary (with the rest of the team because they love Rudy) the rest of the way.

October 10.2 PPG
November 10.3 PPG
December 10.4 PPG
January 12.25 PPG

Hayward's usage is now under 20% which is around where it was his second year in the league. When he's on the floor with the starting unit in the set offense he's pretty much been relegated to a decoy. He stands in the corner waiting for if/when the defense collapse on Kyrie.

Last night during the stretch run against GSW Hayward sat on the end of the bench emotionless with a towel over his mouth - I'm sure this must be killing him.

If we didn’t make the WCF this year with this roster, I’d be extremely surprised.

Next year, barring health of course, we’d be almost a lock to make it imo, and given Cousins almost definite departure, and other question marks for the Dubs, we could definitely win it all imo.