What's new

2018-2019 Western Conference Predictions

I agree... this is the deepest conference top to bottom I think I've seen. Hell even Phoenix has Devin Booker and some promising young guys that can give teams trouble any given night. Took Wiz 3 OTs to beat them on their floor. Any of our non-Phx teams would be sixth seed out East imo.

We can count on a couple injuries that will help, but if we get any we are screwed.

The Jazz have also been exceptionally healthy. You shouldn't count on injuries, because it mostly certainly can happen to us as well.

We look like a 44, 45 win team at best right now. Even that feels like a stretch to me. Then again our record has led me to a lot of anger this season which has led me to pessimism.

With our schedule it is 90%+ we are playoff bound.

The 538 predictions include pre-season player rankings projections as a factor I believe. Using their pure ELO which incorporates strength of schedule, margin of victory etc. we have a 66% chance.

It predicts us at 45 wins and Clips and Lakers at 45 and 44... one of those teams doesn't make it in... my guess is injuries are the determining factor.

The Jazz have also been exceptionally healthy. You shouldn't count on injuries, because it mostly certainly can happen to us as well.

Yup... we are a Rudy, DM, or Ingles injury away from being lotto... other teams are similar. The schedule has been a huge factor in our struggles, but just because the schedule lets up people act like we gonna win 10 in a row like its automatic.

I can’t get my hopes that high.

We’ll be the 5th seed. Feels like we are every meaningful playoff season. I’m convinced of it.

Like the Detroit game saturday... I think we are penciling it as a win... we will be on the road off a back to back where they are on a few days rest... that's closer to 50/50 game. We have 6-7 games between now and trade deadline that are pretty safe to pencil in as wins... the 50/50 games will decide things. I think there is a 60% chance we make the playoffs, but the margin for error is going to be thinner this year.

Rubio gonna go 45/40/90 this month.

He is improving. Ill never trust his 3 point shot though, its so ugly and inconsistent. But this is about to be the 3rd season in a row with a drastic difference between the first half and second half on his shooting.

Exum is shooting 52/35/83 this month BTW.

He is improving. Ill never trust his 3 point shot though, its so ugly and inconsistent. But this is about to be the 3rd season in a row with a drastic difference between the first half and second half on his shooting.

Exum is shooting 52/35/83 this month BTW.

Lol.

I’d say we’re 72%.

We have a cakewalk schedule and I also trust us down the stretch more than I do say the Kings to win big games that have playoff implications.

Checking a few other sources, ESPN has us at 87%, 538 has us at 89% and Basketball Reference has us at 68%.

So maybe I'm a little high, but I'm confident. We are playing a lot of tankers down the road.

The Jazz will win 15 out of there last 18. What will that give them? The main thing is they have these 18 games to get better, which means cutting down on the turnovers, making better decisions in shot selection, play defense and rebound......and they should be ready for the playoffs!