What's new

2018 Annual JazzFanz LEGENDARY Players NBA Draft

I select Tracy McGrady. I think my team is set up to maximize T-Macs.

First off, let's just agree that T-Mac was one of the most talented players of his generation, he could do literally everything you want from a basketball player. His peak was incredibly high (PER of over 30!!!). I think most will agree that where he struggled was with the pressure and focus required of an Alpha... enter Magic and Garnett.

Garnett would keep T-Mac accountable and motivated. On the other hand, Magic would have controlled the pressure on T-Mac, allowing him to be a number one scoring option, without having to be the on court leader. I think that by asking him to do less (i.e., not be the motor on offense), T-Mac would have had an even better career.

Last edited:
I need me some scoring. And who better than the Iceman, George Gervin, winner of 4 scoring titles,

Career highlights and awards
Career NBA and ABA statistics
Rebounds 5,602 (5.3 rpg)
Assists 2,798 (2.6 apg)
Stats at Basketball-Reference.com

I need me some scoring. And who better than the Iceman, George Gervin, winner of 4 scoring titles,

I like the pick, he is a player that I tend to underrate. However, I'm surprised you prioritized scoring given you already have Robertson, Kareem, and Barkley, each of whom is in the top 30 of average career pts per game.

I like the pick, he is a player that I tend to underrate. However, I'm surprised you prioritized scoring given you already have Robertson, Kareem, and Barkley, each of whom is in the top 30 of average career pts per game.
Basically, I'm just going to outscore everybody.

First off, let's just agree that T-Mac was one of the most talented players of his generation, he could do literally everything you want from a basketball player. His peak was incredibly high (PER of over 30!!!). I think most will agree that where he struggled was with the pressure and focus required of an Alpha... enter Magic and Garnett.

Garnett would keep T-Mac accountable and motivated. On the other hand, Magic would have controlled the pressure on T-Mac, allowing him to be a number one scoring option, without having to be the on court leader. I think that by asking him to do less (i.e., not be the motor on offense), T-Mac would have had an even better career.

Great write-up. You actually had me agreeing that T-Mac could be on a winning team. Crazy!

Are you building an All-Rockets team?
It’s funny that they’ve all played for the Rockets at one point or another. . . but no.

I just decided to go with some different players than I normally take, just to see how the board falls to me if I do.

I considered drafting him when I drafted Manu. In fact I was going to draft him. Was taking one last look at my list and saw Manu. He was an ab I decided Manu’s style of play was a better fit. He plays with that same competitive hard nose style as Malone and Stockton.