What's new

2018 Annual JazzFanz LEGENDARY Players NBA Draft

Here’s my write-up.

I have the best non-active small forward in this in Bird and the second best shooting guard in Kobe. Neither of those can be argued. I also have arguably the best center ever. I know we typically show recency bias (this board loves Hakeem) but most experts would select Russell or Wilt as the greatest center ever. Maybe Kareem.

I also have the best defensive center of all-time and a monster rebounder alongside perhaps the best defensive power forward of all-time and best rebounder at his position. The defense up front is almost too good. On the other end, I have Bird, Kobe and Billups, three of the clutchest players in history.

Chauncey is my “weak spot” but we are talking about a great two way player who won a Finals MVP for God’s sake.

While we are on that, Chauncey, Kobe, Bird, Walton and Dumars won Finals MVP’s for me. And oh yes, the award is named after my center Bill Russell because he was the MVP so to speak on all the championship Celtics’ teams.

These guys are not just studs. They’re winners. My starters have 24 rings combined. 24!

They play both ends. And they play to win. Simple as that.

And you come to my bench and Walton (a top 5 player of all-time for Bill Simmons...he was that good) and King and Dumars are just insane to have come off the bench.

So far as flexibility goes, I have it. I can bring Rodman out whenever I want and slide Bird over to the 4 (look at his size and rebounding numbers next to Parrish and McHale) or bring Rasheed in for 10-12 a game to stretch the floor and bring the nasty.

Which is something I also have in spades. My guys are tough as ****.

Here’s my write-up.

I have the best non-active small forward in this in Bird and the second best shooting guard in Kobe. Neither of those can be argued. I also have arguably the best center ever. I know we typically show recency bias (this board loves Hakeem) but most experts would select Russell or Wilt as the greatest center ever. Maybe Kareem.

I also have the best defensive center of all-time and a monster rebounder alongside perhaps the best defensive power forward of all-time and best rebounder at his position. The defense up front is almost too good. On the other end, I have Bird, Kobe and Billups, three of the clutchest players in history.

Chauncey is my “weak spot” but we are talking about a great two way player who won a Finals MVP for God’s sake.

While we are on that, Chauncey, Kobe, Bird, Walton and Dumars won Finals MVP’s for me. And oh yes, the award is named after my center Bill Russell because he was the MVP so to speak on all the championship Celtics’ teams.

These guys are not just studs. They’re winners. My starters have 24 rings combined. 24!

They play both ends. And they play to win. Simple as that.

And you come to my bench and Walton (a top 5 player of all-time for Bill Simmons...he was that good) and King and Dumars are just insane to have come off the bench.

So far as flexibility goes, I have it. I can bring Rodman out whenever I want and slide Bird over to the 4 (look at his size and rebounding numbers next to Parrish and McHale) or bring Rasheed in for 10-12 a game to stretch the floor and bring the nasty.

Which is something I also have in spades. My guys are tough as ****.

Kareem is the greatest center of all time dude.

FYI, all matchups are posted. 72 hours. After it's over, we wait 24 hours, then round 2.

Also, I am allowing people to change their votes, so feel free to make impassioned arguments in the threads.

Results:
  1. Thee Jazz Fan vs Rubashov
  2. Gandalfe vs addictionary
  3. Wes Mantooth vs checkbookdoc
  4. Hekate vs Ellis269
So, round 2 will be posted tomorrow.

Rubashov vs Hekate
Gandalfe vs Wes Mantooth

Get your writeups in to me by noon, board time. (Just about 24 hours from now)

If I don't get a writeup from you, I will just use your one from last round, even if it refers to your old opponent.

Results:
  1. Thee Jazz Fan vs Rubashov
  2. Gandalfe vs addictionary
  3. Wes Mantooth vs checkbookdoc
  4. Hekate vs Ellis269
So, round 2 will be posted tomorrow.

Rubashov vs Hekate
Gandalfe vs Wes Mantooth

Get your writeups in to me by noon, board time. (Just about 24 hours from now)
Shouldn't Wes face Hekate in the Semis? (i.e., highest % win VS lowest % win)?

I will post the Final match (gandalfe vs Hekate) sometime tomorrow. Again, I hope Hekate gets a writeup in, but, then again, why change a winning formula?