What's new

2019-20 NFL Thread

I watch red zone. Its nice to watch a sporting event without commercial breaks.
NFL redzone is the greatest thing ever invented.
I don't have it unfortunately but damn is it awesome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I might be done with the NFL. Apparently touching an NFL QB is now roughing. Whether you hit his head or not whether you hit him as he releasing or not. Twice in the Broncos/Bears game the refs called roughing that I can't figure out. One on each team, both hitting the QB just as he releases both get nowhere near the head. No idea what they saw on either play.

I might be done with the NFL. Apparently touching an NFL QB is now roughing. Whether you hit his head or not whether you hit him as he releasing or not. Twice in the Broncos/Bears game the refs called roughing that I can't figure out. One on each team, both hitting the QB just as he releases both get nowhere near the head. No idea what they saw on either play.

I didn’t see the one against the Bears. The only thing I can think for the one against Chubb is that you’re not supposed to land your entire body weight on them.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I didn’t see the one against the Bears. The only thing I can think for the one against Chubb is that you’re not supposed to land your entire body weight on them.

Yea that's a bunch of BS. How is a defensive player supposed to tackle a guy if they can't land on them? Why is the QB treated like a different player than the rest of the players on the field? That's the kind of crap that is making the NFL unbearable to watch.

At least in college their confusing rule is trying to protect all of the players on the field. This one is designed to protect one position to an extreme amount.

It was basically the same, he landed on him. The hit was legal if the rule is now that you can't land on them then he absolutely did. Chubb just tackled the guy as he was releasing the ball, no way else he can make an impact on the play with where he was coming from. So now you can't hit them high, you can't hit them low, and if you hit them square in the chest you are somehow supposed to do so in such a way not to land on them. Which essentially means all you can do is grab on and hope they don't throw it while you are trying to wrestle them to the ground.