What's new

2019 Annual Jazzfanz AllTime NBA Draft - Round 2, Match 2 - NPC D4617 vs addictionary

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This tells me that if I ever do this again, all I gotta do is draft an entire team of legendary bigs that don’t shoot, defend, or move the ball and I’ll be invincible.

How has the league not figured out the secret to winning basketball?

Don’t move the ball? Walton is one of the better passing big men in history.

Hack has the better assembled team.

Honestly, for the most part, the fit around Jordan isn't great. You have the two GOAT's battling, but Bron has the better fit around him.

The votes are surprising, but also not really.

The amount of bitching from non-participants is incredible. Every year it’s the same “I don’t care about your draft “ act and they come in here to comment and analyze way more than I do.

Talent wise this match isnt close. Addy has a lot more talent on his team. But there is an argument for fit for NPC. But talent does tend to win out at the end of the day in the NBA regardless of fit. Especially when its a big disparity. I like Klay but he isnt close to the same conversation as Elgin Baylor and Oscar Robertson as far as all-time greats go. Paul George is closer but still not in their category, at least yet. Same goes for Jokic. He had a really good season but he hasnt done much in the NBA yet except get to the 2nd round and get upset by an underdog team. He is also an atrocious defender as a center.

Also NPC lists their best season as their best 3 point seasons. It does not work like that. You cant pick and choose each year by the individual stats. Jokic did shoot 39% from 3. But that was last year when he was not as good as this year. But if you take him this year then he is a 30% 3 point shooter.

Based on the seasons NPC picked out this would be a blow out. Paul George season of shooting 41% he averaged 8 ppg and played in 6 games. So he is basically useless.

Talent wise this match isnt close. Addy has a lot more talent on his team. But there is an argument for fit for NPC. But talent does tend to win out at the end of the day in the NBA regardless of fit. Especially when its a big disparity. I like Klay but he isnt close to the same conversation as Elgin Baylor and Oscar Robertson as far as all-time greats go. Paul George is closer but still not in their category, at least yet. Same goes for Jokic. He had a really good season but he hasnt done much in the NBA yet except get to the 2nd round and get upset by an underdog team. He is also an atrocious defender as a center.

Also NPC lists their best season as their best 3 point seasons. It does not work like that. You cant pick and choose each year by the individual stats. Jokic did shoot 39% from 3. But that was last year when he was not as good as this year. But if you take him this year then he is a 30% 3 point shooter.

Based on the seasons NPC picked out this would be a blow out. Paul George season of shooting 41% he averaged 8 ppg and played in 6 games. So he is basically useless.
Pretty sure the rules were that the GMs could choose what season represented each player's best year to be used in the matches, and if they didn't they would use their highest paid season as a default.