What's new

2019 Annual JazzFanz Current Players NBA Draft

That ignores 10 free throws per game made at 80%. How many players give you .593 TS% and >27 PPG?

It is easier for low usage players to get higher FG%
No I don't ignore the free throws. The free throws are great. Yet the field goal percentage, 3 point percentage and efg are still poor. He has poor efficiency in overall field goals, 3 pointers, and efg AND gets to the line a lot and makes a good percentage from the line. All those things can be true at the same time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

No I don't ignore the free throws. The free throws are great. Yet the field goal percentage, 3 point percentage and efg are still poor. He has poor efficiency in overall field goals, 3 pointers, and efg AND gets to the line a lot and makes a good percentage from the line. All those things can be true at the same time.

I meant that the FG% ignores free throws, there are better metrics.

High usage Centers usually have lower efficiency. 2019 Embiid's TS% last year was above Shaq and Hakeem's career average, about the same as Jabbar.

I meant that the FG% ignores free throws, there are better metrics.

High usage Centers usually have lower efficiency. 2019 Embiid's TS% last year was above Shaq and Hakeem's career average, about the same as Jabbar.
Again, I agree that he has good true shooting percentage due to those free throws.
I was simply pointing out that be has more of a weakness than just health.
Shaq has a weakness too. Doesn't mean he wasn't awesome

Again, I agree that he has good true shooting percentage due to those free throws.
I was simply pointing out that be has more of a weakness than just health.
Shaq has a weakness too. Doesn't mean he wasn't awesome
As usual, we agree.

Wow Donovan Mitchell being underrated on a Jazz board. Dude is going to average 25 a game this year on good efficiency. Third year leap is extremely common with guards.