What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Last thing on AD.

On January 7, he said: “The only thing that matters to me is this team right here, and all I can do to help this team win and what we can do as a team to get more wins. The other stuff is for guys outside the team, and media, whoever wants to look at it. For me, it’s about this team and what we can do to win.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-da...e-agency-wants-win-new-orleans-011343465.html

Only three weeks later he publicly demands a trade... Not PG at all.

Last thing on AD.

On January 7, he said: “The only thing that matters to me is this team right here, and all I can do to help this team win and what we can do as a team to get more wins. The other stuff is for guys outside the team, and media, whoever wants to look at it. For me, it’s about this team and what we can do to win.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-da...e-agency-wants-win-new-orleans-011343465.html

Only three weeks later he publicly demands a trade... Not PG at all.
Yea, and it wasn't working out, so the generational talent decided the team wasn't going anywhere and he wants to compete at the highest level. He gave the team as much time as possible to get the best deal for him.

I honestly don't know what you are upset about.

He’s playing like *** right now... I’m sure the offers aren’t great. Let Ted write that tax check for a non playoff team... then let’s see where he is this offseason.

I'm probably in the minority of NBA fans but I don't think they should move Porter or Beal except for overpays. Not every tank job is done well, and for a lot of teams staying competitive more often than not is a good idea. You can still get a good draft pick by keeping your 1-2 blue chip guys and trading your veterans for picks. If god forbid the Jazz have to rebuild in a couple years, that's what I'd prefer-keep Rudy/Gobert/Ingles (yeah I have a soft spot) and just trade the Crowders, Rubios, Korvers, etc. Be trash for a couple years then reload.

m0a5rlF.png

Plus the Jazz first rounder.

I'm probably in the minority of NBA fans but I don't think they should move Porter or Beal except for overpays. Not every tank job is done well, and for a lot of teams staying competitive more often than not is a good idea. You can still get a good draft pick by keeping your 1-2 blue chip guys and trading your veterans for picks. If god forbid the Jazz have to rebuild in a couple years, that's what I'd prefer-keep Rudy/Gobert/Ingles (yeah I have a soft spot) and just trade the Crowders, Rubios, Korvers, etc. Be trash for a couple years then reload.

Rudy/Gobert/Ingles? Rudy Gobert is 2 people?! He has a twin?! RIP to the rest of the league.

Per Tony Jones Wiz have significant interest in Favs... could help in two ways... in a trade for Otto or if they route a pick and Mahinmi to a team like Memphis in a Conley deal...

Call NO with Wiz pick, Utah pick, Exum, Allen and matching salary... still don’t think it gets Jrue... worth a call though.

Per Tony Jones Wiz have significant interest in Favs... could help in two ways... in a trade for Otto or if they route a pick and Mahinmi to a team like Memphis in a Conley deal...

Call NO with Wiz pick, Utah pick, Exum, Allen and matching salary... still don’t think it gets Jrue... worth a call though.
I thought it was just reported that OP isn't going anywhere?

I thought it was just reported that OP isn't going anywhere?

Probably true... I think he sprained his toe last night too. Owner could back track on that if he wanted to. The Mahinmi and a pick for Favs might open up and help with a Conley trade. Significant interest is good.

Give them all the picks! Give them Dante. Give them Rubio and Favors... hell... take on THJ if you have to. Just try to get him if he becomes available.

Here's an idea... If NOP doesn't want to deal to LA... IMO the Raptors are in all-in mode NOW. They need to put everything not named Kawhi on the line. This is the year for them. If Kawhi leaves in the summer IMO they need to just start over because Lowry is not getting any younger and he's already kind of dropped off a bit. So... the idea is... get AD now, go for the title with 2 legit superstars/MVP caliber player and Lowry. Whatever happens, happens. If Kawhi leaves in the summer you are done... so... resell AD and recoup whatever you lost. Hell you might be able to get better value from a team like Boston for example in the summer. And if Kawhi stays... just keep AD and go for another title shot.

Here's an idea... If NOP doesn't want to deal to LA... IMO the Raptors are in all-in mode NOW. They need to put everything not named Kawhi on the line. This is the year for them. If Kawhi leaves in the summer IMO they need to just start over because Lowry is not getting any younger and he's already kind of dropped off a bit. So... the idea is... get AD now, go for the title with 2 legit superstars/MVP caliber player and Lowry. Whatever happens, happens. If Kawhi leaves in the summer you are done... so... resell AD and recoup whatever you lost. Hell you might be able to get better value from a team like Boston for example in the summer. And if Kawhi stays... just keep AD and go for another title shot.

This would be sweet and I really really hope it happens.

I really like the AD to Toronto trades I've seen. Siakam is the best non-Tatum prospect I've seen floated. Pick up OG and some 1sts for extra value, if they want to deal before the deadline I really think that's the one for them (assuming it's available).

AD is headed to LA based on some tweets from Brad Turner... who is a person that has twitter and WiFi.