What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Grumpy old guy here to tell you my biggest trade deadline complaint.

Can the sports writers not find another word to describe a trade other than "Blockbuster"?

Injured Porzingas and overpaid Hardaway for some other overpaid old guys and picks and Hoopshype headline reads "Blockbuster" .

Fyi according to etymology online blockbuster is a spectacularly successful production.

Great point... we need to spitball... mega trade seems kinda lame... maybe something from business... merger... hmmm nah that ain’t it. Maybe call it a whale trade... call others by different oceanic comparisons... Korver was a clam trade... seemingly small but had a pearl.

IF Jazz don't get bold and look for mid level trades instead their going to hover around 7/8 in the playoff race. Mitchell is doing good now but if his play slides back towards the play of the beginning of the season the Jazz will be in trouble and a likely 1st round exit.

Their assets are Favors, Exum and Rubio ...of the 3 the Jazz probably hope to keep Exum the most because he was starting to shine. But if your getting Conley Exum has to go because he'll be gone mentally. Conley and Mitchell will be awesome though ,Conley can show Mitchell how to shoot with both hands.

Tell you the truth if Exum and Rubio both went to Memphis I don't think Rubio automatically starts PG for Memphis, he's a unrestricted and Exum would be looked at as more the new PG of the future.
Favors a true and loyal warrior and only 27 is going to be good if he ends up on Memphis or Washington .Exum and Favors traded together probably become starters and Rubio rides the season out and is freed up to sign with any team next season.

Back to Porter and Conley, either would make Utah better and make Utah a better threat to get pass the 1st round and be a real threat going down the stretch . Jazz have to make a splash or I m down as seeing the jazz being just comfortable with only making the playoffs as a successful season

Washington wants Favors: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sl...ah-jazz-washington-wizards-nba-trade-deadline

Jrue and Mahinmi to Utah
Favors to Wiz
Exum, Thabo, Grayson, Wiz 2019 1st, Utah 2019 1st

Wiz gets an ideal player they want. NOLA does it to shed massive cap, get a good 2019 pick and another decent one. We suck it up taking Mahinmi, but we get Jrue.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

A three-way with NOLA and WAS would make some sense. Ricky becomes our backup PG in your scenario. However, I think Washington could use him if they want to compete this year, given John Wall's injury.

I just don't see it. We stayed pat in the off-season and we've been playing well the last month. While I think we need to make moves either this week or during the summer I'm not sure our FO agrees. I think they are happy with the current team for whatever reason.

butler, reddick, and embiid are shooting like crap, thanks to Simmons' efficient shooting the 76ers are having a handy lead

I think we may be able to swing Porter and J'Rue by sending Rubio, Favors, a player and a TPE.

Dude it's just Jrue not J'Rue lol. And I don't think they're gonna trade him until they know the package they're getting for AD. If they get some more ready pieces like Tatum/Brown then they should just keep Jrue.