What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Anybody? Really curious.

Conley shoots 40.0% on 2.8 catch and shoot 3s per game.
28.9% from 3 on 0.9 attempts per game after taking 1 dribble
20% from 3 on 0.5 attempts per game after taking 2 dribbles
33.3% from 3 on 1.0 attempts per game after taking 3-6 dribbles
43.6% from 3 on 0.8 attempts per game after taking 7+ dribbles

32.5% from 3 on 3.1 attempts per game on pull-up 3s

52.6% on left corner 3s on 0.4 attempts per game
43.5% on right corner 3s on 0.5 attempts per game
34.3% on above the break 3s on 5.2 attempts per game

Not sure how to find iso stats

Why? As it currently stands I expect the Clippers to flop in free agency and max out Harris.

I mean, Harris has a say in this as well. I have no idea how much he likes the franchise but if I have 3-4 other teams offering me max money why am I waiting potentially a week for other dudes to decide my future?

Let’s say he says “cool, I’ll wait” and then LAC signs a big name and the other teams vying for him move on during that time?. Can he risk that? Sure, a lot of what if’s but I think it’s realistic to see him sign with someone other than LAC 48hrs or less into free agency.

Wonder if that means both teams made their final offers

edit: lol

I'm not sure why Memphis would choose the Jazz offer over the Pistons. The Pistons 2019 first round pick is going to be way better than the Jazz pick.

No.

That’d be deja vu.

You’re bad at this.

Thats not what Deja Vu is.

Deja Vu is like when you see a black cat walk past you, then you see the same black cat walk by again in the same direction just a few minutes later. Indicating that something isnt right.

I'm not sure why Memphis would choose the Jazz offer over the Pistons. The Pistons 2019 first round pick is going to be way better than the Jazz pick.
Because Pistons don't have expiring contracts. They can get a first out of Utah now and figure out how to use their capspace next year to get back more assets from a different team, potentially.

Thats not what Deja Vu is.

Deja Vu is like when you see a black cat walk past you, then you see the same black cat walk by again in the same direction just a few minutes later. Indicating that something isnt right.
Going after another player similar to Conley a few years from now:

a feeling of having already experienced the present situation.

Because Pistons don't have expiring contracts. They can get a first out of Utah now and figure out how to use their capspace next year to get back more assets from a different team, potentially.

Yeah outside of the pick DET's offer is kinda booty

That and we can send back less salary this year to match. Detroit can't... both Detroit and Memphis are right at the tax level.

We could send back 25M - ish and it matches. Detroit does that and it sends them into the tax. One of Memphis or Detroit would likely have to do other deals to get off of money.

Saw a report that Detroit Has not been willing to put Kennard in trade talks... Detroit would have to send him to beat our offer imo. They also would have to send the pick with really light protections... like top 4... or it has a good chance of not conveying.

If Memphis like Stanley Johnson or Kennard then I can see Memphis taking their offer over ours... if you line it up with picks and contracts without those guys... Our offer is quite a bit better. They could flip that space or the players for bad money and get additional firsts. I'd rather have multiple firsts in the mid/late first rather than move up from 22/23 to 15.

The

The thing is that if Detroit trades for Conley, they might be able to move up in the standings all the way to 6th in the East, not far from our seeding in the West. Detroit's pick is more likely to be better than ours, but it's not a guarantee (and I would't say waaay better). Also, there are other pieces which we don't know much about (besides Rubio)

The

The thing is that if Detroit trades for Conley, they might be able to move up in the standings all the way to 6th in the East, not far from our seeding in the West. Detroit's pick is more likely to be better than ours, but it's not a guarantee (and I would't say waaay better). Also, there are other pieces which we don't know much about (besides Rubio)

What if they send it top 10 protected... don't think they could get lotto protection. They'd likely get the 8 seed if they got Conley. So 15 and garbage salary (not just Jackson, but might have to eat Galloway or Leuer too.) - is that better than expirings and a pick that is really likely to convey?

What Andy and Tony are saying leads me to believe... The trade is Ricky and expirings but not Favs. So if that is the case I'm not sure how we get to the matching salary... Ricky/Thabo/Udoh/Neto gets to the right number (trade machine is off though).

Some have said Dante isn't in the deal too... but salary matching makes it so much easier if he is. So maybe Dante is in the deal... IDK but thought that Favs being specifically mentioned in Andy's last article was strange. Mentioned "they have a hard time getting to Conley's salary matching number as it is" so maybe they are patching a bunch of contracts together.

What if they send it top 10 protected... don't think they could get lotto protection. They'd likely get the 8 seed if they got Conley. So 15 and garbage salary (not just Jackson, but might have to eat Galloway or Leuer too.) - is that better than expirings and a pick that is really likely to convey?
I see them improving in the weak East and maybe climbing all the way to 6th, especially if they get rid of Jackson. Conley is incredible running the pick n' roll. Andre and Blake would shine with him. Jackson sucks. I would take the Jazz offer if for some reason they also like some of our young prospects like Grayson (don't laugh!). Probably Utah sends a lightly protected pick (top 5?) compared to Detroit's.