What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I'm seeing second hand mentions of Windhorst reporting Conley informed Memphis he would prefer not to come to Utah... Looking to substantiate that, but if true it's kind of a bummer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The only possible alternative explanation is that a 3rd team leaked it to get Utah off the trade, knowing Conley probably won't publicly respond either way.

See that uses logic... and makes sense. Like the Raps saying hey he don't want to go to Utah.

I do think Windhorst is pretty careful so it might be Conley's agent trying to guide him a certain direction...Rich Paul style. I think his agent is his dad.

Why? I mean, where the hell has cap space gotten us? The answer is nowhere.

Underrated post right here. I don't like Conley's contract at all, but I think we're too attached to Favors and Rubio's best moments and ignore the 90% of the time where they are decidedly average.

Worst thing you can be in the NBA is in the middle: too good to not get elite draft talent, too small a market to get marquee free agents to come and not good enough to drive other players to want to come here.

The only way to escape mediocrity is to take risks.

Lacking bad contracts has built the bulk of a playoff team. Favors is a better trade piece than charlottes pick in a bad draft-odds are it’s only a few spots better than ours.

A future Charlotte 1st rounder has that appeal much like that 2021 Miami pick Philly just traded for Tobias. Nobody knows if it's a lottery pick or not, but many will speculate that it will be. If we had a Charlotte 2022 1st, somebody will think it's going to be something special.

Favors plays 15 minutes per game in the playoffs against really good teams who go small. Biyombo can do that.

A future Charlotte 1st rounder has that appeal much like that 2021 Miami pick Philly just traded for Tobias. Nobody knows if it's a lottery pick or not, but many will speculate that it will be. If we had a Charlotte 2022 1st, somebody will think it's going to be something special.

Favors plays 15 minutes per game in the playoffs against really good teams who go small. Biyombo can do that.
yeah. that was why I liked Maker better cuz he could guard the perimeter. Favs is best as a backup big. He won't be as appealing to teams if it wasn't for his contract.

yeah. that was why I liked Maker better cuz he could guard the perimeter. Favs is best as a backup big. He won't be as appealing to teams if it wasn't for his contract.

Charlotte would be an absolutely perfect fit for Derrick Favors. He could run the two man game with Kemba while giving them a solid big presence.

Utah doesn’t exactly do itself any favors.

The legislature commonly goes against the mainstream. Just look at how they’ve killed Medicaid expansion, propositions (like medical marijuana) and look the other way on civil rights. We have a reputation for being backwards and we’ve done our part to earn it.

Fans acted like *** clowns after we beat OKC. I was embarrassed by how fans stuck phones right in westbrook’s face.

And there enough smoke about how inappropriate our fans can be regarding race to warrant at least suspicion that there’s a fire. I personally haven’t heard racist things said at games. But there’s been enough players and former players to comment that it at least warrants some consideration.

For POC, there aren’t many worse destinations in the league. Factor in the small market stigma, and it’s an even harder sell. Had Gobert played in Los Angeles or Boston, he’d have been an all star at least 3 times over by now.
What is POC?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Biyombo is barely better than Udoh, and if that’s all we have if Rudy goes down then it’s game over. Charlottes pick is likely protected and they’re likely playoff team. Favors is a giant expiring-you might not think that has value but go ask the Clippers, Lakers, Philly,New York, Dallas, and the rest of the league if it’s valuable.