What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

The mormons made Utah a slave state and it was a slave state until the end of the civil war.

Brigham Young was one of the most terrible/evil men to ever live in this country. He was a tyrant and just...awful.

I agree with your last sentence.
Utah was not a state during the civil war. They became a state 1896. They had slaves but so did many states in the North and they were not considered slave states.

I would trade the side note religion/racism commentaty for a chance to pop my kids zit filled chin. Doesnt belong in the nba thread bodagets. *******...

Also, if memphis sits on Conley I dont think they get much more for him in the summer. He doesnt have a great contract by any means. I like Mirotic still. I mean... why not at this point? Thabo, Udoh, and a 1st for Mirotic? That is if we cant do Rubio, favors, and Grayson, and a first for jrue and mirotic of course.

The mormons made Utah a slave state and it was a slave state until the end of the civil war.

Brigham Young was one of the most terrible/evil men to ever live in this country. He was a tyrant and just...awful.

I agree with your last sentence.

Its not a big one when they dont plan on keeping Parker or Favors long-term.

I agree that the Wiz are finding the value of this deal in having Portis as a RFA/getting out of money/protected 2nd(lol). I disagree that there is any value in Portis (moderately promising RFA my ***). Utah could have easily surpassed the other parts, and I hope that we did. Likely the Wiz are just even bigger idiots than I imagined.

My main concern with Jrue is his 3 point shooting (or lack thereof).

He shot 0-7 last game, 1-7 so far today.

Not good.

I'm okay with him having average 3 point shooting. I like that he is a pass first PG who plays elite level defense. And he's also a hard worker, great teammate type of guy.

My hope and dream is still Jrue Holiday. If we made these other deals, he wouldn't be possible. I hope that NOLA and LA can hash out a deal and then NOLA decides to blow it up. We could end up with the perfect option.

I agree that the Wiz are finding the value of this deal in having Portis as a RFA/getting out of money/protected 2nd(lol). I disagree that there is any value in Portis (moderately promising RFA my ***). Utah could have easily surpassed the other parts, and I hope that we did. Likely the Wiz are just even bigger idiots than I imagined.
Its not about what you value. It's about what they value. If they traded for Portis, they value him. The Jazz couldnt surpass this unless they gave a first or maybe Grayson, depending on how they feel about Grayson.

The difference between the haul the Clippers got for Harris and the poop Washington got for Porter is enough to fuel my personal speculation that several NBA franchises are run by ACTUAL idiots. For years.

Who do you think wins more games after the trade?

My hope and dream is still Jrue Holiday. If we made these other deals, he wouldn't be possible. I hope that NOLA and LA can hash out a deal and then NOLA decides to blow it up. We could end up with the perfect option.
Of course the one guy not on the market is the guy you want, and when he’s still a pel. after tomorrow you’ll criticize the jazz for not doing enough to get him. Lmao

Is he on the market?
Hey guys quick question, if the trade is Favors & Rubio for Conley - who'll start for us at the 4?

Are you really this dumb?

Its not about what you value. It's about what they value. If they traded for Portis, they value him. The Jazz couldnt surpass this unless they gave a first or maybe Grayson, depending on how they feel about Grayson.
I hope they offered a first AND Grayson. And that the idiots in Washington then replied by saying “What’s a Gray Sun?”