What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Good trade fof both teams, imo. I doubt WA picks up Jabari's option for next year. Replacing OP's salary with Portis allows them to avoid the tax.

Chicago has to pay up to the floor one way or another, so absorbing OP is no problem.

Its a win-win despite some on here thinkinf Parker is a god. Cmon you ******* Mormons. Arent you guys mad he shunned BYU?

Dont be an idiot. There is like 1 jabari parker fan on jazzfanz. Everyone else thinks he sucks. The one fan (hack) isnt mormon

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I think they don’t trade him... I’m fine with it... just hope we make some improvement... if not we bakkkkks cakkkksss

What good would it do Memphis to keep Conley or Gasol? They aren't making the playoffs with them. They aren't making moves in free agency with their contracts on the books. They aren't getting better offers for them this summer when both guys will be older and teams have more financial flexibility and roster options... in fact offers will be worse.

Chris Wallace would be stupid to keep them....

We’re going to tie ourselves up in this Conley business, reminiscent of Hayward and July 1, while Niko passes us by.

The part of me that occasionally dons a tin-foil cap wonders if this isn't a clever strategy. DL doesn't want to do anything, so he helps some rumors get leaked that he has zeroed in a guy (Hayward 2017, Conley 2019) then Lindsey can sit back while the competition improves, and he can tell his bosses and the public- "Gosh we tried" but while we were waiting for someone else all this stuff happened so we couldn't do plan B.

Then the rational part of me tells the tin-foil hat guy to sit down and shut up.

I kind of feel bad for Washington. That John Wall contract is so bad. Going to hurt them for a long time.

I dont know how you sign someone to that deal unless they are a top 5 player.

I appreciate Favors but I want somebody who fits better. Our front office is dangling him for Conley. Why do you think that is?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Our front office isn't dangling him for Conley. From what I've seen he hasn't been included in the Conley talks so far.

Hypothetically if he was being 'dangled' for Conley it would be because Conley is a nice asset and it would be good to get him.