What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

While I agree with most of what you said I think Exum is nowhere near to being ready to be a starting PG - that recent stretch is too small of a sample to base such a decision on it. Lin on the other hand is more than capable to run NBA offense on regular basis as long as his body is holding up. And honestly I think unless Ricky is absolutely crazy and unreasonable Jazz and him will come to a new contract option ( something like 15mil/year for 3 years). I think he likes it here and Jazz obviously like what he is giving them as well. I doubt whatever Dante has shown is enough to convince Jazz FO to give up on Ricky and roll with Exum as their starting PG.
I don't disagree on Exum, making the assumption though is assuming he continues it through the rest of the season. Otherwise the Jazz will want to do everything they can to bring Rubio back in at a reasonable price. In this hypothetical however we're assuming the Jazz have got the 19/8 per 36 on great shooting splits Exum and not inconsistent Exum, and I think that guy can start for the Jazz. It's a big assumption though.

In reality I agree with what you're saying, unless the Jazz have a shot at a real upgrade to the PG spot I think they just bring Rubio back too as I don't think Exum could sustain that level of play for an entire season (would love to be wrong though for my bias). I'm just saying in the event that Exum puts on a show for the rest of the season like he was at times in his recent stretch and the Jazz want to try moving forward with him, Lin is an excellent backup option for both him and for Mitchell too as he can play both spots.
Even at 55-57% its still fairly efficient for a bench guard creator. He's shooting at the rim more, and making more of those attempts. His FT rate has gone up quite a bit... Just guessing that part of the increase is fluky, but I'll bet he is a beneficiary of freedom of movement and more fouls being called. He is likely not a 63% guy, but I'll bet he settles in around 60%.

The home road thing is almost all due to better 3p% at home... its 10% higher than on the road... I think that is purely a fluke.
Yeah I'm just very skeptical of his efficiency, particular when his playoff TS% is at 49.4TS% for his career. It's a small sample size though but I just don't buy that his shocking rise in efficiency is legit.

If he wants to pull out that fluke for the Jazz though I'm all for it.

The Pelicans are losing to the Cavs at home. If they lose, the Pelicans have to seriously consider making some big changes.

They should trade AD to the Lakers for 3 of Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, Lonzo plus add 2 1st rounders. Nobody would blame either side.

The Pelicans are losing to the Cavs at home. If they lose, the Pelicans have to seriously consider making some big changes.

They should trade AD to the Lakers for 3 of Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, Lonzo plus add 2 1st rounders. Nobody would blame either side.
Running into the buzzsaw that is AB

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I like Conley a lot... I dislike his contract (given age and injury history a lot)

I’d trade for straight expirings but they’d for sure want more... I’d have a hard time throwing the pick in the deal as that contract could get ugly.

I’d trade for Blake Griffin though and put a pick in... it’s a risky contract but it’s for a guy who is top 15ish when healthy versus a guy like Conley who is top 40ish when healthy. If we are putting that many chips on the table I want more upside.

I'd be willing to do it as Conley plays well in the playoffs, it's tough to find a solid defensive PG, is efficient and is not turnover-prone, and I feel like he'd fit in well with our team both on and off court.

He may not be a legit star (I don't think he's ever been an all-star) but with him we wouldn't be having some of the issues we're having with Rubio (as a whole, Conley is more consistent and he's a better defender - plus Conley is a better shooter - I know that doesn't say a whole lot VS Rubio).

One could argue the Conley contract isn't worth it when one considers how much better Conley is than Rubio VS Rubio's not-so-bad contract/the potential contract of Rubio's FA replacement - I get that. Especially if DL actually has a few solid FA signings lined up.

But if the Jazz strike out in FA and we sign a few role players I'm going to wish we'd traded for someone good. I mean, we have all these trade exceptions to sweeten multiple potential trades!

Lol at you trying to sell the idea that Burks is good or is missed.
Lol at you thinking that my post of "Running into the buzzsaw that is AB" was selling something and not just joking around.
You have to be pretty dumb not to see that as a joke.

Last edited:
Lol at you thinking that my post of "Running into the buzzsaw that is AB" was selling something and not just joking around.
You have to be pretty dumb not to see that as a joke.

Ah, that's why whenever Burks scores a bit more than his average you rush to post those stats. Honestly, nobody cares. Good for him for playing well on the worst team in NBA.

I miss AB and he’s good... not as good a fit here as Kyle but nothing wrong with posting about the guy having a good game... we rooted for him for years and I wish nothing but good things for him.
Ok, lets start posting all games from former Jazz man.. You know every time Kanter has double double in 30 pt loss, or Millsap grabs 10 rebounds, or Hood makes couple threes. G. Hill is sometimes scoring over 10 as well...maybe just create separate thread about former Jazzmen and post there. Whoever misses them or has some sentimental attachments can go and weep over there.

So back to trade deadline discussion...

As we sit right now, here is how I would categorize everybody (ordered by contract size):

Would trade for a helpful asset:
Favors (love him but we need roster improvement)
Thabo (love him but we can survive without him)
Udoh (really only valuable if Favors is dealt)
Neto (keep him if Exum or Rubio is dealt)
Bradley (still might have a little trade value)

Might trade if we get back a great player:
Rubio
Exum
Grayson
Niang

Not worth trading:
Gobert
Ingles (age, good contract and fit)
Crowder (age, good contract and fit)
Korver (age, good contract and fit)
Mitchell
O'Neale (good contract & friendship with DM)

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Ok, lets start posting all games from former Jazz man.. You know every time Kanter has double double in 30 pt loss, or Millsap grabs 10 rebounds, or Hood makes couple threes. G. Hill is sometimes scoring over 10 as well...maybe just create separate thread about former Jazzmen and post there. Whoever misses them or has some sentimental attachments can go and weep over there.

AB was traded recently and had zero of the BS those other guys did (millsap excepted of course). I will root for those other guys and definitely pay attention to them (not Kanter doe). Nothing wrong mentioning a guy had a good game when said game was mentioned in a thread. Fish ain’t cryin... he’s celebrating.

AB was traded recently and had zero of the BS those other guys did (millsap excepted of course). I will root for those other guys and definitely pay attention to them (not Kanter doe). Nothing wrong mentioning a guy had a good game when said game was mentioned in a thread. Fish ain’t cryin... he’s celebrating.
I occasionally post Niko stats, and he was never even on our team. In spirit, of course.

Last night was first game back. 21 minutes, 17 points, 4/7 on threes.

I occasionally post Niko stats, and he was never even on our team. In spirit, of course.

Last night was first game back. 21 minutes, 17 points, 4/7 on threes.

Is it okay if we think they will be a future jazzman?

I’m gonna ride or die with @fishonjazz on many things... he’s the biggest AB fan and has been 100% fair and reasonable with the trade.