What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

That is promising that he could play well off the ball. He would get more of those looks in our offense. He only shoots 1.9 catch and shoots 3s a game. The rest are pull up 3s that he shoots 3.1 per game at 29.5%. Hopefully those would go down.

Right... look at their current roster... you understand why he may force it a bit. I don't think he's a guy that you sag off of.

I would have some injury concern, but that seems to be past him.

Read the Zach Lowe article on him... you will want him more than AD after... I kid, but he's a remarkable man that has his head on straight.

Jrue was 39.4 3P% on catch and shoot last year.

He is also a great pick and roll player (per Locke... those numbers have disappeared from NBA.com). Snyder coached him as a rookie as well... per Locke again.

One thing I hope doesn't happen... AD and Paul George were somewhat courageous in doing the trade request thing. So hopefully he doesn't get boo'd or treated like the villain.

Really does the franchise a solid and opens them up for criticism. Hayward to Boston I think was very much a done deal for 12 months, but he never bothered to tell us... even pre-free agency some notice would have helped.
The arena will be mostly empty so I don't think there will be many boo's.

I just hope the Celtics end up with AD and not the Lakers. Ship him to the east please.

Portland kinda has a sneaky intriguing package of CJ, Collins, Simons (picked this year... potential guy), 2019 1st... if AD bails they get to reset... could also add a Harkless for Hill swap.

I think NO will really hesitate to do business with the Lakers... I think they will want to stay competitive because they are dumb. I think that would be viewed as better than the Lakers offer.

**** gonna get wild... so that is the important thing. Thought it would be a boring deadline.

Portland kinda has a sneaky intriguing package of CJ, Collins, Simons (picked this year... potential guy), 2019 1st... if AD bails they get to reset... could also add a Harkless for Hill swap.

I think NO will really hesitate to do business with the Lakers... I think they will want to stay competitive because they are dumb. I think that would be viewed as better than the Lakers offer.
I'd love if he became a Blazer.

Wait, no I wouldn't. But it'd be fun from an NBA fan perspective.

I'd love if he became a Blazer.

Wait, no I wouldn't. But it'd be fun from an NBA fan perspective.

I think the Lakers may end up stealing him then finding a way to get Kyrie this offseason. If I had to pick between those scenarios I guess send him to Portland?

WTF can't these guys go East? Seriously... we even get the good rookies out here (Luka). Stahp being dumb East... Please!

Per twitter... Holiday said something to the effect of he loves Anthony... he's 90% of the reason I re-signed...

So if AD is gone I think Holiday would likely want out too. They don't have to oblige doe.

Philly/Toronto/Denver all have pretty compelling offers they could make on AD.

To get Niko and Holiday I think it'd require a first, Exum (if he has value), Grayson and whatever expirings the other team(s) wanted. Honestly they might do better with another team's offer.

Would you trade AD for a package involving Gobert? That's what it would take. Imagine what Quin could do with AD. A top 10-15 player for a top 5 MVP type player.
Tough question. I think my answer is "not unless AD has indicated some desire to play for Utah long term". Because if AD doesn't want to play for the Jazz we're not talking about Rudy vs AD for just 2.5 seasons. We're talking about Rudy for 15 seasons vs AD for 2.5 seasons.