What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Just please trade Favors. I don't care if you trade him for a bad contract and a pick. Please just trade him. I can't stand another summer when DL gives us the whole "we were aggressive but nothing was available" garbage.

If we get into summer with Favors on the roster, we are going to pick up his option because we are going to strike out in free agency yet again. Then the same damn rotation next year where we seem like we are going to trade him at the deadline.

This is so frustrating.

LOL

The Jazz could have beat this offer. Either they have something else in mind, or there were some red flags with Porter. They were certainly not caught off guard here.

Or Porter and his deal wasn't worth giving up an asset...

You know I'm right.

If Favors doesn't get traded, there is a 99% chance we pick up his option. So that means we have about $14 million of cap room. Then we say, do we keep Rubio or do we get somebody else? By the time we ask that question, good free agents are gone and we re-sign Rubio.

Treading water man, treading water.

Kinda, kinda not. It's a weird deal, it kind of defies simple reasoning. I think?

I think they want to try out Parker. I think they view him as a potential longterm piece. I also have a thing for Bobby Portis.

The more I think about it, the more I like it for the Wizards. However, I think they could've probably done better and all of their hot-air about the matter is just so, so dumb.

You didn't have to trade Otto to try him out. Ariza?

You know I'm right.

If Favors doesn't get traded, there is a 99% chance we pick up his option. So that means we have about $14 million of cap room. Then we say, do we keep Rubio or do we get somebody else? By the time we ask that question, good free agents are gone and we re-sign Rubio.

I don't know you're right. But I'm really hoping you're wrong.

I'm still on that Dante For an Expiring Stretch 4 wagon so we can hopefully address a lot of our mistakes in one move.

You know I'm right.

Sure if Jazz can't find a suitor in FA, they have set themselves up to retain a very good player in Favors and try again next offseason. The LOL is just trading him to trade him. Glad we don't have an impulsive FO.

K so rumors are Otto isn't available and asking price is high... then it was like hey they might move him and then they move him for that????

I have to think with all the smoke we had around Otto that we were still interested. Ricky or Favs plus Grayson or a pick is better than what they got.

They have to pay both of those guys this offseason if they want to retain them... Wiz gonna Wiz man.

You didn't have to trade Otto to try him out. Ariza?
I think you do, though (they don't know that Parker gets bought out, and have much less certainty that he chooses to sign with them). Worst-case scenario, they get to get out of OPj's contract and save face about it being a move for Parker (a stealth salary dump).

Donovan Mitchell is Jazz golden ticket to recruiting next year.
There will not be enough roster spots for all the players who want to play with DM and Rudy :):):)

I think you do, though (they don't know that Parker gets bought out, and have much less certainty that he chooses to sign with them). Worst-case scenario, they get to get out of OPj's contract and save face about it being a move for Parker (a stealth salary dump).

Exactly though, you don't salary dump a player that is a positive asset. I believe the Jazz were with me on this, Faves and Thabo for Porter, no pick or asset.