What's new

2020 All-Time Draft - Round 1: silesian vs Ellis269

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice job @silesian - you have a good team. Good luck moving forward.
Thank you, sir. I love your team too. There is a lack of appreciation for old time greats and I admire your picks.

You would have pounded the ball inside and worn my guys out with the power around the rim. It would have been quite a clash of different styles.

I almost drafted DJ but needed shooting. He was an AMAZING defender. We probably had three of the top wing defenders of all time in this contest.

Thank you, sir. I love your team too. There is a lack of appreciation for old time greats and I admire your picks.

You would have pounded the ball inside and worn my guys out with the power around the rim. It would have been quite a clash of different styles.

I almost drafted DJ but needed shooting. He was an AMAZING defender. We probably had three of the top wing defenders of all time in this contest.
I like his team too. I wanted to vote for both. Had I been lazy like some others, I would’ve voted @Ellis269 but you sold your team very well.

I am never sure why Hakeem is always drafted in these ahead of Kareem. I think a lot of it is because a good chunk of the board remembers watching Hakeem play and it was during some of their favorite time to watch. Including myself I think very few watched much of Kareem. But stats wise Kareem is the better player. Both were Rookie of the year. Both were finals MVP 2X. Both were MVPs but Kareem also was MVP 5 more times on top of that. Kareem has more championships, more all-star games, more all defensive team, more scoring champ,and more blocks champ. Hakeem was DPOY 2X and Kareem was not. So for their career its easily Kareem by a decent amount. I think the other argument people use was Hakeem's peak was better but even that the stats favor Kareem. This is their best year:
https://www.basketball-reference.co...y2=1993&player_id2=olajuha01&idx=bbr__players

Kareem is 8 more points per game on better shooting %. He also has more rebounds and all the advanced stats prefer Kareem. Then there are the playoff stats that strongly prefer Kareem.

So why do people prefer Olajuwon? To me Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is easily the better player.
This 100%. Kareem at 6th was ridiculous. A lot of the modern, analytically driven, rankings have him 1st. I know that Hakeem made it look prettier, but Jabbar did it better for longer.

This 100%. Kareem at 6th was ridiculous. A lot of the modern, analytically driven, rankings have him 1st. I know that Hakeem made it look prettier, but Jabbar did it better for longer.
Don’t you think Hakeem’s stats would’ve looked a lot better had he played in the 70’s? To me there are no weaknesses in Hakeem’s game and to me is the only center from the past of all the elite bigs that I’m confident would be just as affective today as he was in the 90’s because he could do everything well. On top of all that, Shaq who is arguably the most dominant force in the nba... Hakeem was the only center to handle Shaq, and before Ronnie M desires to throw stats at me, Shaq in his own words confirms Hakeem being able to get the better of him. You can’t use stats to prove who was better from different era’s. The only way is the eye test, and Ron Mexico has no idea what the **** that is.

Don’t you think Hakeem’s stats would’ve looked a lot better had he played in the 70’s? To me there are no weaknesses in Hakeem’s game and to me is the only center from the past of all the elite bigs that I’m confident would be just as affective today as he was in the 90’s because he could do everything well. On top of all that, Shaq who is arguably the most dominant force in the nba... Hakeem was the only center to handle Shaq, and before Ronnie M desires to throw stats at me, Shaq in his own words confirms Hakeem being able to get the better of him. You can’t use stats to prove who was better from different era’s. The only way is the eye test, and Ron Mexico has no idea what the **** that is.
You never watched Kareem...

Shaq was a child when they played.