What's new

2020 All Time Jazz Draft Round 3: Wes Mantooth vs. Ron Mexico.

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Wes Mantooth

Deron Williams-Derek Fisher
Joe Ingles
Demarre Carroll-Bernard King
Joe Johnson-Danny Manning
Enes Kanter-Kyrylo Fesenko

vs.

Ron Mexico

Mark Eaton / Tony Bradley
Paul Millsap / Antoine Carr
Matt Harpring / Georges Niang
Rodney Hood/
Gail Goodrich / Ronnie Price

Goodrich is such a terrible matchup to DWill
DWill is better. But Gail is still solid and a HOF player.

Plus Eaton and Millsap are such a terrible match for Kanter and Johnson.

Oh the other wing positions are close, I think I'm still slightly better but it's fairly even to me.

But you won't vote for me regardless.

ROTFL. I don’t care that he’s a HOF player. It’s not for his work with the jazz
He still had a very good season at a high level. It didn't last long and the trade was terrible, but he was still playing well when he joined the Jazz. HOF players have a presence and he didn't even come here that late in his career.

Truck (who you think very highly of) had one of his best seasons of his career with Gail on the team.

ROTFL. I don’t care that he’s a HOF player. It’s not for his work with the jazz
Glad you ignored the rest. You can't deny my bigs are much better and you can't deny it's fairly even at the wing positions.

Lol, he's starting p Enis Kancer and has Fes backing him up.

Can you come Joe Johnson with Millsap? Joe hit a big shot and his presence was great (just like Gail) but his 9ppg isn't in the same ball park at Millsap.

Millsap >> Joe
Eaton >>> Kanter

Yes DWill is > than Gail. But that's not enough to overcome the rest of my roster.

Even Wes thinks my roster is better, lol.

Kanter is a decent offensive player. Eaton is one of the best defensive centers of all time. He will turn Enes into guacamole.

My starting lineups best year with the Jazz added up PER is 85. Wes's is 81.4.
My starting lineups best year with the Jazz added up Win Shares is 35.5. Wes's is 28.1.

Pretty much any other stat will be the same. DWill is great but he has no one to play much of a pick and roll game with. Millsap will destroy JJ. Kanter will be curled up crying before the end of the first quarter. Everyone liked DeMarre Carroll but he isnt in the same conversation as Harpring.

I am much much better at 3 positions and its not really close. He is much better at 1 position and SG is fairly even but ill give a slight advantage to Ingles but stats say its almost identical.

I am not sure how a combo of Enes Kanter and Joe Johnson is capable of stopping anything.

Not like they’re guarding a offensive juggernaut
Millsap isn't an offensive Juggernaut but he was very good. Also there is only one of those in this competition. Imagine if he didn't have to play next to a black hole here in Utah as a starter.

I’m imagining Fes having his breakout series here just like when he broke out against the Lakers. After that game I was so sure he was going to be the greatest center in the history of the jazz. Unfortunately idiot got in his way.

Ingles would erase Hood. He did that when they were teammates.

Kanter’s strengths would be completely neutralized by Eaton.

Carroll and Harpring would be a fun matchup but the advantage is clearly Harpring.

Sap and Jesus would also be fun but it’s a similar outcome as above.

Deron would thump on Goodrich.

I know what your doing and it’s not going to work. When did I say that?
You said Fes would have a breakout series and you would think of him as the greatest Jazz center ever. That's after going against my centers.

So either you think he's better or your just trying to justify your voting for the better team.

It's okay, I know you're afraid of me picking your new name. But don't worry there's no chance me or Wes wins next round.

Also Wes has yet to post in this...