What's new

2020 Annual All-Time NBA Draft

I never said he didn't make them better, I said he didn't make them that much better. I did say that an argument could be made that the chemistry issues he created also held back the team somewhat. The year before he arrived they won 73 games. The next 3 years their win totals went to 67, then 58, then 57. Why didn't they stay in the high 60's if he made them that much better?

I think they would still have won it all whether he arrived or not so his presence did not matter in their title chases. That is my opinion on it.

Because they realized there was absolutely no reason to go balls to the wall and win 75 games. Completely unnecessary. Just get the 1 seed and win the championship.

Because they realized there was absolutely no reason to go balls to the wall and win 75 games. Completely unnecessary. Just get the 1 seed and win the championship.
Ok. Still says nothing about if he wasn't there. I still think if he wasn't on the team they would have won anyway. He was a luxury, not a necessity for those teams.

And in 17-18 season they finished 2nd in the West. And in 18-19 they finished 3rd overall. So no first seed those 2 years.

Looking at the final team, would you change the Ben Wallace pick? At the time I was surprised you took Wallace over Dwight, but looking back I think you would have gotten more value moving KG to C and getting one of the PF's that were available (i.e., Griffin, Bosh, Green, or Weber). Green in particular would have fit in really well with your team (defense, ball movement, edge, and energy).
KG was my first pick, and I thought about putting him at center, the only problem with that is if my team got matched up against a Wilt, Kareem, or one of those 90’s centers or Shaq voters might not think KG could hang defensively Wallace guarded Shaq in the finals and proved he could hang and even had some good games vs Shaq. Depending on matchups, I can let KG play some center or even sf. I felt lucky when Dirk Nowitzki got drafted ahead of my pick.

LeBron does have one championship that doesn't have an asterisk. The year he more or less singlehandedly took out the warriors. Otherwise he has been a coat-tailer. Just like KD.

KD never won a championship, he just got a ring handed to him from the single best team in the modern era. The warriors would have won with or without him. In fact it could be argued that he messed up their chemistry and took them down a half a notch.
LeBron had a lot of help every championship. He's never won without a lot of help. Very few players have.

LeBron does have one championship that doesn't have an asterisk. The year he more or less singlehandedly took out the warriors. Otherwise he has been a coat-tailer. Just like KD.

KD never won a championship, he just got a ring handed to him from the single best team in the modern era. The warriors would have won with or without him. In fact it could be argued that he messed up their chemistry and took them down a half a notch.
Wow dude, that’s a pretty rough take on Lebron. He was the best and most important player on those Heat teams.

Wow dude, that’s a pretty rough take on Lebron. He was the best and most important player on those Heat teams.
And one of what, 3 all stars? 4? He built his own dream team. He gets no credit.

And one of what, 3 all stars? 4? He built his own dream team. He gets no credit.

Which makes what Dirk Nowitzki did even more impressive. But only did they sweep the 2x defending champs he beat LeBron's dream team. Where his second best player was an old Jason Terry. Maybe one of the most impressive playoffs runs by a player.

Which makes what Dirk Nowitzki did even more impressive. But only did they sweep the 2x defending champs he beat LeBron's dream team. Where his second best player was an old Jason Terry. Maybe one of the most impressive playoffs runs by a player.
LBJ sucked *** in that series, and no where to be found in any of those 4th quarters. One of the more incredible disappearing act you’ll see from a top player.

I'm feeling bad for @Thee jazz fan .

Can we all just pretend I didn't pick within an hour and missed my pick. It made him so happy that I got skipped.

I pick Bob Pettit right now.

Retired as the greatest PF to play the game at the time. Had one of the best finals final game ever. Dropping 50 ppg seal the championship over the original dream team Celtics.

I'm feeling bad for @Thee jazz fan .

Can we all just pretend I didn't pick within an hour and missed my pick. It made him so happy that I got skipped.

I pick Bob Pettit right now.

Retired as the greatest PF to play the game at the time. Had one of the best finals final game ever. Dropping 50 ppg seal the championship over the original dream team Celtics.
When was that, the age of the neanderthal?

LBJ sucked *** in that series, and no where to be found in any of those 4th quarters. One of the more incredible disappearing act you’ll see from a top player.
Dallas did a good job with him. Especially in those 4th quarters trying to get the ball out of his hands and deny him. Lebron also couldnt shoot 3s well. He was pretty bad in those 4th quarters every game.

Still one of the best individual performances in the playoffs for Dirk. He was incredible against much better stacked teams without much help.

Dallas did a good job with him. Especially in those 4th quarters trying to get the ball out of his hands and deny him. Lebron also couldnt shoot 3s well. He was pretty bad in those 4th quarters every game.

Still one of the best individual performances in the playoffs for Dirk. He was incredible against much better stacked teams without much help.
Lmao