Team Spycam

Trae Young / Seth Curry
Patrick Beverley / Buddy Hield / Justise Winslow
Kawhi Leonard / Harrison Barnes
Draymond Green / Aaron Gordon
Al Horford / Draymond Green

Beer's Write-up

Offense

Running my offense through Jimmy Butler (6 apg this season) and Paul George. A lot of pick and rolls with John Collins, who destroys on the pick and roll and pick pop. But with this match up we are running a lot of p&r with Brogdon to get the smallest/worst defender in the league matched up on Jimmy and PG. Keeping 5 out on offense will give my team a ton of room to work. Will be able to get Levert and Ayton a ton of nice looks against the 2nd unit also. Spy has a very tough defensive team, sans Trae obviously, but I they are undersized in a lot of spots.

Defense
What Spy's team has in defense they lose on offense. Starting Beverly, Draymond, and another year older Horford is going to be super rough. I'll be throwing 6'5", 6'7", 6'8" elite on ball defenders at Trae Young all game to make him even more inefficient than he already is. I', not even worried about Kawhi. He's the man but he isn't carrying a team on offense, especially not with this lineup. Dejounte is locking down lesser Curry on the 2nd unit.

This would be an ugly grind it out series but I think I'm far better offensively, far far better, and am equal to on D. My teams size and shooting ability gets me the victory. Probably a 4-2 series win in 6 really ugly games.

Brutally tough for me. I’m leaning Beer because Horford is cooked. Absolutely cooked. But I want to think a little more.

I think this is close, but I got Spy.
Spy has a really great team 1-4 and IMO has the best bench in the tournament. I think there were better center options when Horford was drafted, but it isn't as if he is trash. This year Horford has struggled playing with Embiid, but has been good when playing Center. Also, I think Green at C is going to hold up fairly well against Beer's team.

#Pray4Jimmy

tenor.gif

Spy has a really great team 1-4 and IMO has the best bench in the tournament. I think there were better center options when Horford was drafted, but it isn't as if he is trash. This year Horford has struggled playing with Embiid, but has been good when playing Center. Also, I think Green at C is going to hold up fairly well against Beer's team.

Yep. He's a center in today's NBA; him going to Philly seemed like a dumb move from the get go.

This was a few days before the season was canceled (when Embiid was out).

Brutally tough for me. I’m leaning Beer because Horford is cooked. Absolutely cooked. But I want to think a little more.

Dude, he's starting Patrick Beverly, Draymond, and Horford. Yuck. Trae is going to have to go off for 45 every night to win.

Best bench? Buddy is the only standout imo.

Best bench? Buddy is the only standout imo.
I know there aren't any stars on the bench, but there are a lot of good role players.
Gordon, Winslow and Barnes is a really strong group of wing players to bring off the bench.
I also think don't think most NBA fans realize how good Curry is in Dallas where he has basically turned into an updated version of Jason Terry.

I know there aren't any stars on the bench, but there are a lot of good role players.
Gordon, Winslow and Barnes is a really strong group of wing players to bring off the bench.
I also think don't think most NBA fans realize how good Curry is in Dallas where he has basically turned into an updated version of Jason Terry.

Certainly not a bad bench by any stretch. I'm not high on Winslow or Barnes. Do like Curry but wish he did anything else at all other than shoot, although he does it very well. I do like Buddy and AG though.

Dude, he's starting Patrick Beverly, Draymond, and Horford. Yuck. Trae is going to have to go off for 45 every night to win.

Kawhi and Trae could easily go off for 50 combined. He’d need, what? Another 55 points from the rest of his team? Draymond or Horford should semi-destroy Collins.

His scoring should be fine.

Kawhi and Trae could easily go off for 50 combined. He’d need, what? Another 55 points from the rest of his team? Draymond or Horford should semi-destroy Collins.

His scoring should be fine.

LOL, you are so low on Collins. Draymond or Horoford? GTF outta here.

Also, spy’s got three guys who have been key parts to winning titles in Kawhi, Draymond and Barnes.

Beer has just Anunoby, someone who was almost a nonfactor in their title run.

I love Collins offensively but Draymond or Horford should be able to get 12-13 easily against him.

Looks like Dray and Collins have only matched up once so small sample size but Collins had 16 and 9 in 30 min and Dray had a whopping 2 in 36 minutes.

Him and Horoford have matched up 8 times. Collins averaging 15 and 7 on 60% shooting. Horoford averaging 11 and 8 on 39% shooting, yes 39% is correct.

Collins performs very well in all these matchups he'd get destroyed in.