What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

Some good names here.

One I’m curious about is Trevor Ariza. My fear is he’s cooked. But given our need at the 4 as well as goal of having a deep playoff run which almost inevitably would include facing the likes of Lebron, George and/or Kawhi, it certainly can’t hurt to inquire about him. He seems like the type that would flourish on a team like ours.

Exum for Ariza straight up would work I think and both have one year left.

Not saying he’s my number one choice but he’d make my semi-short list.

I think he's washed

Last year the Jazz were struggling and DL swapped Burks for Korver, and went 40-20 the rest of the way. There are other under performing teams out there, with pieces that don't fit together well, so I hope to see something. We shouldn't be this bad.

I get it. I like Thaddeus more or less. I'm looking for a bigger move than that.
that's about as big of a move as we can make... Unless you think we'd move conley… and we wouldn't do that.

Allright guys. First things first; I've broken down our roster to categorize how I see the players being labeled by our front office: Not everybody might agree with this, but...

Not Going Anywhere (likelihood of being traded less than 1%)
Gobert
Mitchell
Ingles
O'Neale
Conley
Bojan

Available Assets (trade if we need/have to)
Exum ($9.6)
Davis ($4.77)
Bradley ($1.96)
Niang ($1.65)
Green ($1.62)
Mudiay ($1.62)
Nigel WG ($1.5)
Rookies ($900k each)

For me personally, I would look to package Exum with one or two of the others above. If we aren't going to play Exum meaningful minutes with a clear cut role, the Exum experiment has to end for his sake and ours. We then target players making anywhere from $8 to $20 million. We need a quality rotation player to help us now.

The #1 player on my list of realistic targets is Andre Iguodala. The guy is a such a massive asset come playoff time. His contract, a $17 million expiring, will be hard for any other contender to afford without losing an important rotation player. Memphis seems determined to hold onto Iggy until they get some kind of asset for him. I would offer Exum, Davis and a 2nd rounder or two. Memphis saves money this year, picks up some minor assets in 2nd rounders, and they can try to see if Exum fits their long term plans. If he doesn't, his contract doesn't hold them back too much because they are in full rebuild mode anyway.

The #2 player on my list and not as realistic is Joe Harris who has an expiring contract. Let's hope that Brooklyn continues to be a dumpster fire and Harris is rumored to sign elsewhere in the summer. Maybe Donovan and Harris have a good working relationship after summer together with USA. He would be a high quality rotation player for us.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that Spencer Dinwiddie may lowkey be on the market. He's shown he can be a starter in Kyrie's absence, and the Nets are seeing what his market value might be. He'd be great for us as a 15ppg combo-guard next to Mitchell. He's on a 3-year / $34MM deal. We'd have to throw a 1st in the deal.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that Spencer Dinwiddie may lowkey be on the market. He's shown he can be a starter in Kyrie's absence, and the Nets are seeing what his market value might be. He'd be great for us as a 15ppg combo-guard next to Mitchell. He's on a 3-year / $34MM deal. We'd have to throw a 1st in the deal.

Why would he be on the market? Not a good fit next to KD and Kyrie?

Why would he be on the market? Not a good fit next to KD and Kyrie?

He's a starting-caliber player who comes off the bench behind Kyrie and Levert. He also gets squeezed for minutes by Joe Harris. Not sure otherwise. Maybe they're just seeing what the market would be.

We don’t have anything they’d want. Unless it’s Royce. But they already have Taurean.

Exum and Royce for Dinwiddie maybe?

Not sure why the Nets would do it. Our assets absolutely blow.

He's a starting-caliber player who comes off the bench behind Kyrie and Levert. He also gets squeezed for minutes by Joe Harris. Not sure otherwise. Maybe they're just seeing what the market would be.

I like Dinwiddie, but we can't start him, Donovan and Conley can we? And also, I don't think there is any chance at all that we give up on the Conley experience quite yet.

Now if Kyrie doesn't like Dinwiddie taking the ball out of his hands OR if it means Joe Harris might leave, then Brooklyn may trade Dinwiddie. His market would be very interesting depending on if he demands to start or not.

Do the jazz have any 1st round picks they can trade with? A lot of times when teams are selling they are looking for a pick and filler. Could be some players available like that. Nuggets got grant for a 1st and Portland got someone too though I’ve forgotten who. Just a thought....

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app