What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

Look how much better Mudiay is for us... everyone on the Knicks/Kings is likely 15-20% better than they are showing.
Also guys with upside too. We should really focus more on getting guys with a chip on their shoulder, like Booz and Okur when we got them back in 2004. And hopefully turn them from rotational players into stars in the league. Instead of getting those washed up so-called “vet” who are just going through the motion and collecting their paycheck at this point of their career, like Ed Davis, Jeff Green, demarre Carrollololol.

Jumping back on the RoCo thing... I'd rather buy budget version guys at little to no cost instead of the guys with a premium. Christian Wood for example... I think he can give you almost exactly what Jerami Grant would and in fact his per36 numbers are better... Grant is a no brainer to get at least MLE money this offseason... I think many would bristle if you gave that to Wood. I think hed be worth it.

Bjelica gives you the budget version of what Kevin Love does... give me that contract all day.

Need a 3 and D guy that can give you 15 minutes a night... you can get RoCo (shooting 34.6 from 3) for two firsts or Damyean Dotson or Reggie Bullock for a second... I get that they don't have positional size that RoCo does... I'd also consider Shaq Harrison in Chicago (who?) great defender... kind of played point guard. Doesn't shoot it that well, but I think he defends well enough on the wing, rebounds, and does other stuff well.
I’m all about the budget pieces. I think there’s good opportunity there. Unfortunately, everyone focusing on “there’s just nothing there” as if we’re shopping in these Covington markets.

I’m all about the budget pieces. I think there’s good opportunity there. Unfortunately, everyone focusing on “there’s just nothing there” as if we’re shopping in these Covington markets.
We need to go to the Toyota dealership... they have great financing options.

I also think our backup big/ interior defense is the biggest problem, but that our perimeter defense is just as big of an issue.

Guys like Dotson, Harrison, GR3 (but he will be more spendy), Langston Galloway (though he's a little small), Sterling Brown (rumored to be available)… would all help. Maybe with Royce and one of these guys on the second unit Tony doesn't look like a complete turnstyle.

Here is my fake Christian Wood trade of the day...

We send Ed Davis/NWG and 3 second round picks for Wood and Galloway. Clears a little cap space... we have enough young prospects and can always buy picks or target guys and have their agents tell teams don't draft me (like Terrence Davis). Second round picks have a lot of value at the trade deadline and then on draft night they are treated like Bed Bath and Beyond coupons (super under-rated store... never know what **** you find there).

There are some good listings on Craigslist, too. We may even be able to steal a car.
Like when my grandma quit driving... my nephew got a great deal on a low mileage Camry... it smelled like Icy Hot, but will run until he graduates med school.

This kinda complicates things... though I think they will still try and liquidate things... likely not taking on any big salary for next year.

They want Ujiri... watch these assholes give up a high lotto pick for an executive. Massai should do it... I can't imagine there is a price that NY would pay that Toronto would match... like if he asks for 30M a year are they gonna say no?

Like when my grandma quit driving... my nephew got a great deal on a low mileage Camry... it smelled like Icy Hot, but will run until he graduates med school.
I had a '99 Corolla that I inherited from my wife when we got married. I drove that forever. Was going to continue driving it forever. My grandmother had an '03 Corolla with 60k miles on it. She ended up getting sick a couple years ago and stopped driving. She offered to give it to me. So now I'm going to drive that for forever.

I had a '99 Corolla that I inherited from my wife when we got married. I drove that forever. Was going to continue driving it forever. My grandmother had an '03 Corolla with 60k miles on it. She ended up getting sick a couple years ago and stopped driving. She offered to give it to me. So now I'm going to drive that for forever.
I'm sure you've seen the famous craigslist ad on the Corolla... I have read it 100 times and LMAO every time.

I had a Corolla... Loved it. I go see clients and had to get something else because others see a car like that and think I'm broke. Got a Tundra when I became self employed because you can write the whole purchase price off in year 1 and it saved me a ton in taxes. Have been tempted to upgrade but honestly think I'm going to drive it until the wheel fall off... I think it is viewed as being noble to have an old truck. My wife can get the upgrades... she has driven a Niang-Mobile for a while so she deserves it.

Like if we replace Niang with Dotson then your main bench unit is JC, DM, Dotson, Royce, (insert center). I think it allows Royce to defend the slower bigger wing and Dotson can take the quicker guys.

Also, with this China stuff is Ekpe going to be available earlier? I heard they are releasing guys from their contracts. Do we risk Coronavirus to bring him in.

Noel would be a good backup C, yes. However I'm impressed with Tony Bradley and want him to keep getting minutes. Part of his problems are about playing alongside hideous defenders like Niang. Also Mudiay has been good and should be considered a long term piece especially if Clarkson leaves a few months later. Also Conley's contract expires next season. Then Utah might end up having no rotation PGs on the roster minus Don.
We need to do what we can to keep Clarkson over Conley imo.

I'm sure you've seen the famous craigslist ad on the Corolla... I have read it 100 times and LMAO every time.

I had a Corolla... Loved it. I go see clients and had to get something else because others see a car like that and think I'm broke. Got a Tundra when I became self employed because you can write the whole purchase price off in year 1 and it saved me a ton in taxes. Have been tempted to upgrade but honestly think I'm going to drive it until the wheel fall off... I think it is viewed as being noble to have an old truck. My wife can get the upgrades... she has driven a Niang-Mobile for a while so she deserves it.
We're looking at replacing our '09 Odyssey. We liked the Ford Expedition, but I'm skeptical about a Ford, guzzles gas, and just a lot of being unsure. Looking at some Toyota SUVs. I don't know. We'll see.

We're looking at replacing our '09 Odyssey. We liked the Ford Expedition, but I'm skeptical about a Ford, guzzles gas, and just a lot of being unsure. Looking at some Toyota SUVs. I don't know. We'll see.
I have a deposit down on the Rivian SUV... might be a little small for us, but I don't want the giant SUV and not paying for any gas is cool. The garages in NorCal don't work well with the big SUVs.

Toyota's SUVs are meh.

My Corolla survived my abuse in high school. I did unspeakable things to that thing yet to this day it is still running. I mostly drive a 96 Lexus Ls 400 which will most likely outlive me.

Detroit will need to waive a player to do the Phoenix deal... to save some dough we could send them TB for Wood and Frazier (we then cut someone... NWG and likely Frazier too). Send them one second too... saves them a few bucks and gets them a young center under contract for next year. Next year they will have more financial wiggle room and 3.5M is no issue.

Detroit will need to waive a player to do the Phoenix deal... to save some dough we could send them TB for Wood and Frazier (we then cut someone... NWG and likely Frazier too). Send them one second too... saves them a few bucks and gets them a young center under contract for next year. Next year they will have more financial wiggle room and 3.5M is no issue.
Call Dennis.

I've surrendered to the idea that Niang is staying in the rotation.

Y'all should too.

Several of us have pointed out the downsides of Niang being in the rotation. But it doesn't matter what we think. Quin wants shooting on the floor in that spot. And we aren't going to find a better shooter than Niang. So... it is what it is.
I would like shooting on the floor in that spot too. Well, what I'd really like is a shot maker. It's too bad Niang is only a good shot maker once every few games.