What's new

2020 Presidential election

Good cool normal stuff.
His supporters could be shooting people with arrows and he would be like, "well they aren't using actual bullets so it's ok and peaceful"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Can anyone who feels that Trump is on the upswing point to any actual evidence of this claim? He might be getting the traditional post-convention bump, but that **** always fades. And even with a bump all outlets show that he’s still in a significant hole.

I think all of these claims are popping off because we can imagine Trump making a comeback (like he did on 2016). But the difference between imagination and reality is obvi important to consider.
I will be completely honest. I'm worried Trump will win again. I shouldn't be because no one in the entire world would vote for him if they had any morals whatsoever. Unfortunately I know many many trump fans (certainly more trump fans than Biden fans. I don't think I have ever even met a Biden fan before). I told my wife not to be surprised if trump wins again. She thinks I'm crazy and he has no chance.

I want to believe that this country still has enough decency to get rid of a douchebag like trump but my hope and belief is dwindling.

My wife and I were talking about presidential elections the other night and she was trying to think of what she would want out of a good candidate. I said hell, I will settle for any decent human being at this point.

I do think that overall Biden is a pretty decent human being with an actual large range of emotions and the ability to be empathetic.

Trump has no decency, and no empathy. He rarely shows gratitude, forgiveness, humility, kindness. He basically lacks any good emotions.

He has jealousy, pride, greed, anger...... Basically a piece of human filth.

538 has Trump at an ~30% change of winning, same as four years ago.

A large part of that is due to uncertainty with the election still being two months away. They've stated that if the current numbers were holding true by Nov. 3, Biden's chance would actually be around 90%.

I will be completely honest. I'm worried Trump will win again. I shouldn't be because no one in the entire world would vote for him if they had any morals whatsoever. Unfortunately I know many many trump fans (certainly more trump fans than Biden fans. I don't think I have ever even met a Biden fan before). I told my wife not to be surprised if trump wins again. She thinks I'm crazy and he has no chance.

I want to believe that this country still has enough decency to get rid of a douchebag like trump but my hope and belief is dwindling.

My wife and I were talking about presidential elections the other night and she was trying to think of what she would want out of a good candidate. I said hell, I will settle for any decent human being at this point.

I do think that overall Biden is a pretty decent human being with an actual large range of emotions and the ability to be empathetic.

Trump has no decency, and no empathy. He rarely shows gratitude, forgiveness, humility, kindness. He basically lacks any good emotions.

He has jealousy, pride, greed, anger...... Basically a piece of human filth.

All of that you point to show he has psychopathic tendencies. He's a narcissist, this we already knew, but his complete lack of empathy shows deeper-seated psychological conditions, imo. The very definition of psychopathy says "personality disorder characterized by lack of empathy and remorse, shallow affect, glibness, manipulation, and callousness."

Tell me that doesn't describe Trump spot on perfectly.

All of that you point to show he has psychopathic tendencies. He's a narcissist, this we already knew, but his complete lack of empathy shows deeper-seated psychological conditions, imo. The very definition of psychopathy says "personality disorder characterized by lack of empathy and remorse, shallow affect, glibness, manipulation, and callousness."

Tell me that doesn't describe Trump spot on perfectly.

Wow. That definition of psychopathy is quite, well, definitive of trump.

How many times did Obama and bush get impeached? How many of their cohorts were convicted of crimes?

If you can't see trump is different than all these other examples then you are simply broken.

Obama was absolutely an autocrat. Obama and Bush are war criminals imo. Trump is just way more obvious about it. And it is very likely he is worse than his predecessors. But too ignore the path wasn't paved for him to act like this by his predecessors is disingenuous. Trump didn't just come out of the blue. But yes, Trump is awful and terrible and horrible, not being sarcastic either. He is just the worst. I just don't have faith in his replacements. Kamala corrupt AF. Biden, maybe not be as corrupt, but I'm pretty confident he is.

Obama was absolutely an autocrat.

If so, then he was an autocrat that respected the rule of law (on US soil), the importance of the various inspector generals' positions, etc. Obama carefully worked within the limits of his power. He pushed the boundaries a little, but didn't run roughshod over them.

I agree that the increase in Presidential power has been growing for decades and is probably too large right now. However, the reason so many of Trump's attempts to make changes get reversed in courts is because Trump doesn't care about the limits of his power. He's not a continuation, he's a giant leap forward.

When was the last time you heard Trump say 'That's an issue for Congress to address'?

It's only natural to be jaded by our government. They get away with rules that no common civilian could ever dream of with little recourse.

While I have no doubt these things occur frequently, it's alarming to see just how much this administration is doing so openly. It's made my disfranchisement of politics grow even larger.

A rule is not a rule when the ruler controls the rules.

Obama was absolutely an autocrat. Obama and Bush are war criminals imo. Trump is just way more obvious about it. And it is very likely he is worse than his predecessors. But too ignore the path wasn't paved for him to act like this by his predecessors is disingenuous. Trump didn't just come out of the blue. But yes, Trump is awful and terrible and horrible, not being sarcastic either. He is just the worst. I just don't have faith in his replacements. Kamala corrupt AF. Biden, maybe not be as corrupt, but I'm pretty confident he is.

Why do you think Biden is as corrupt as trump?

Let's play a game. You list something corrupt that Biden has done and I will list something corrupt that Trump has done. Biden has been in politics a lot longer than trump so your list should be much bigger than mine if in fact Biden is just as corrupt as trump is like your confidence says.

A large part of that is due to uncertainty with the election still being two months away. They've stated that if the current numbers were holding true by Nov. 3, Biden's chance would actually be around 90%.

And just who is "they"? Most neutral polling and research sites have it super close. In the betting world, Biden is now the underdog. The fact someone would actually believe Biden has a 90% chance to win shows you how easily the media can control someone.

And just who is "they"? Most neutral polling and research sites have it super close. In the betting world, Biden is now the underdog. The fact someone would actually believe Biden has a 90% chance to win shows you how easily the media can control someone.

538. Betting markets are not a great barometer of who’s ahead.

In my case, "they" is 538, one of the few sites in 2016 that gave Trump a significant change to win leading up to the election.

If this were Jordan, Lebanon, or Iran, sure. The United Arab Emirates are one of the Arab countries less opposed to Israel.

Then again, Obama got a Peace Prize for even less.
When I first read this I read: "If this were Jordan, LeBron, or Iran, sure..." and I was like "Iran? Okay, I must have made a mistake somewhere."

All of us who have sat idly by and enjoyed our comfortable U.S. lives and have not taken up arms against this government are complicit in the same war crimes.

So maybe get off your high horse on that ****.

I'm not saying it isn't true, but if you want to get all uppity about them being war criminals you might want to snatch a mirror so that you can see one more.

Kamala is a moron and a terrible VP pick. That much we can agree on.
This is where you lose me completely. She's a moron? A lawyer, former District Attorney for San Francisco (a highly competitive job, to be sure), Attorney General of California (an insanely competitive job), and then a U.S. Senator for California... She's what you'd describe as a moron?

All presidents tend to be autocratic. You don't get the highest title in the land without believing you are right and should be followed. That's why our government has 3 arms, to keep any one of them in check, for the most part.