What's new

2020 Presidential election

I don't know who Trump won over... I just don't think Biden "killed it". Not that he had much of a chance to. I think the smiling and head nodding showing "patience" was partly not having a great comeback and allowing Trump to steamroll him.

I wanted to come away with a greater sense of confidence in Joe... I don't have that... I'm still voting for "not trump". Look, Trump may not have given him an opportunity to instill confidence with how he mucked things up.

How do you come back against Trump when he’s ranting incoherently? When you’re approached by a drunk in the street, the proper response isn’t to debate philosophy.

That was the ugliest worst Presidential debate I've ever seen. It makes me weep for this country.

Ask yourself, wouldnt this have been the worst presidential debate in history with trump as 1 of 2 candidates?

Is there a single former presidential candidate or president who could’ve replaced Biden and debated Trump that would’ve made this not the worst debate? Replace Biden with Obama, Romney, McCain, Clintons, Bob Dole, Reagan, etc and I think it’s still a total **** show because 1 of the candidates was completely unhinged.

Aka yourself, would this not have been the worst presidential debate in history with trump as 1 of 2 candidates?

Is there a single former presidential candidate or president who could’ve replaced Biden and debated Trump that would’ve made this not the worst debate? Replace Biden with Obama, Romney, McCain, Clintons, Bob Dole, Reagan, etc and I think it’s still a total **** show because 1 of the candidates was completely unhinged.
No argument here. While I thought Biden could have done better, this was a 95% Trump creation.

No argument here. While I thought Biden could have done better, this was a 95% Trump creation.

I’m unsure. Where could Biden have done better? I can’t think of a single issue he was able to articulate without being interrupted nonstop by Trump. Maybe climate change? Maybe tax policy? I enjoyed his “will someone shut him up” and “he wouldn’t know a suburb unless he made a wrong turn.”

Biden has the lead. All he has to do is choke out the clock.

What did Trump Articulate? Can anyone Here tell me a single plan or idea that Trump articulated tonight? Something that he wants to do in the next 4 years? I know I can’t. He turned this debate into one of his unhinged press conferences.

How do you come back against Trump when he’s ranting incoherently? When you’re approached by a drunk in the street, the proper response isn’t to debate philosophy.
Not sure you can. I literally just wanted him to say WTF did you say about the proud boys? Like call him on some **** and ask follow ups. I know its hard. Its like when you have a screaming toddler in the store... only so much you can do but it would have been great had Joe been able to get that scary *** mom look and make the tantrum stop.

Debates are kinda dumb... its like saying "you know how we should decide the president... let's make them play lawyer".

I think they need to go my turn your turn and literally cut the mics if they do another debate. Not sure we can do that 2 more times.

Not sure you can. I literally just wanted him to say WTF did you say about the proud boys? Like call him on some **** and ask follow ups. I know its hard. Its like when you have a screaming toddler in the store... only so much you can do but it would have been great had Joe been able to get that scary *** mom look and make the tantrum stop.

Debates are kinda dumb... its like saying "you know how we should decide the president... let's make them play lawyer".

I think they need to go my turn your turn and literally cut the mics if they do another debate. Not sure we can do that 2 more times.

good post. I would add, there’s no way to prepare for this. No one debates like Trump. No one just shreds norms and acts like he does. Seriously. I used to moderate middle school debates. You won’t see anything like Trump. Why? Because he’s mentally sick. A child acting like he would’ve been shipped from the school to a mental institution.

I’m actually torn on this. Cutting their mics will make it so Biden has to articulate his thoughts. Which is fine, I think he’ll do just fine with that. But Trump’s base doesn’t care about thoughts and plans. So Biden has nothing to gain and everything to lose. imo the greatest Biden weapon is letting Donald go full MAGA. His tiny base creams their pants when he does that, but no one else does. I think trump going off on weird conspiracies and otherwise acting like a buffoon is serving Biden quite well.

good post. I would add, there’s no way to prepare for this. No one debates like Trump. No one just shreds norms and acts like he does. Seriously. I used to moderate middle school debates. You won’t see anything like Trump. Why? Because he’s mentally sick. A child acting like he would’ve been shipped from the school to a mental institution.

I’m actually torn on this. Cutting their mics will make it so Biden has to articulate his thoughts. Which is fine, I think he’ll do just fine with that. But Trump’s base doesn’t care about thoughts and plans. So Biden has nothing to gain and everything to lose. imo the greatest Biden weapon is letting Donald go full MAGA. His tiny base creams their pants when he does that, but no one else does. I think trump going off on weird conspiracies and otherwise acting like a buffoon is serving Biden quite well.
Right... and its just from my seat. I leaned Republican... I'd say I'm full independent now. I just want to feel good about the president and tonight didn't do that at all. Not sure anyone could have stopped the freight train, but I feel like someone like Obama might have been able to put the child on a timeout.

I just want to cast my vote for someone... not because at least they aren't that other guy. I want to see Biden articulate his thoughts and I want to believe in him.

That’s true. He told his very fine people to standby. I’m sure @Archie Moses will condemn this just as he’s asked Biden and every liberal and believer in social justice to condemn antifa and BLM.
Archie has left jazzfanz. Congrats, you successfully chased him away. So you can stop mentioning him now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

Archie has left jazzfanz. Congrats, you successfully chased him away. So you can stop mentioning him now.

LOL? He left because of me?

edit isn’t this like the 3rd time he’s “left?” I’m guessing after he’s done with whatever personal issues (we all need breaks) he’ll be back, as usual. It’s the off-season for the jazz. I’m sure he’ll come back then.

Last edited:
I was looking for one thing tonight. Does Biden have crippling dementia like Trump supporters have been saying for months or not.

He doesn't. So tonight served its purpose for me 100%.

As I'd vote for a wet bag of dog **** if the other choice is Trump I just wanted the bonus of a functioning adult to vote for. I got the bonus I was looking for.

this is outrageous.

Media can't let him get away with this ****. For those that don't know, the Proud Boys are an “extremist group with ties to white nationalism" according to the FBI. Also according to Christopher Wray, the director of the FBI, far right extremism's "national threat priority" designation puts these groups "on the same footing" as ISIS and other foreign terrorist organizations in terms of the resources the FBI devotes to it.