What's new

2020 Presidential election

So then we should let the rich do whatever they want to the rest of us with no repercussion or accountability. They are our Lord's and rulers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
That is not even close to what I said. Fish, you are a smart guy and I believe that if you applied yourself in the right directions you could become rich yourself... if that's what you want (based on the little I know of you I'm not sure that it is). The point is that America is constantly creating rich people. It's not some exclusive club that's impossible to gain entrance into. Success leaves clues. You can follow them and get similar results if you want to.

I'm not saying it's fair. I do not believe fairness is possible and I believe that forced "fairness" is a recipe for mediocrity and below. I firmly believe that, although it is flawed, capitalism has proven itself to be the best system for allowing the most people to have the greatest outcomes.

images

I feel like last night's complete flop by Bloomberg should be taken pretty seriously. I don't think he's gonna get the nomination. There are too many people out there turned off by him appearing to be in the process of buying the nomination. He looked like a bumbling fool. Warren was dunking on him and posterizing him again and again.

The idea that Bernie wont compromise is ludicrous BS. He will if he has to, but he wont give up and sell people out for corporate interest. If you cant get behind that yet claim to stand for those people then what are you doing?

I love that people love to boast American exceptionalism but when confronted by universal healthcare, something ****ing Canada can provide for it's citizens, people are like "lol no way".

Ok then go sit in the "I give up" corner and let the corporate establishment suck your soul dry while we try and fight for working people.
I'm happy with several of the candidates in their positions on working people.

I'm not expecting some kind of revolution. Sanders isn't going to change the world. None of them are. They can all say what they want to do, and that's great. But what is going to happen isn't really up to the President. Legislation is written in the House and the Senate. No one is going to write up bills based exactly on what the President wants. They are going to write them based on what they think they can pass and what the President will sign.

I'm worried that Sanders will be too inflexible and will indicate that he isn't going to sign the stuff that actually has a chance to pass.

I'm happy with several of the candidates in their positions on working people.

I'm not expecting some kind of revolution. Sanders isn't going to change the world. None of them are. They can all say what they want to do, and that's great. But what is going to happen isn't really up to the President. Legislation is written in the House and the Senate. No one is going to write up bills based exactly on what the President wants. They are going to write them based on what they think they can pass and what the President will sign.

I'm worried that Sanders will be too inflexible and will indicate that he isn't going to sign the stuff that actually has a chance to pass.
Lol positions? They have none other than saying nice things for the camera. No history or record to back up their claims. You're OK with it going back to the conditions that enabled Trump. I'm not OK with that.

ANd yes, Bernie isnt a magician. He cant do everything himself (his slogan is "Not me, Us"). He never said as much. He's the start of people starting to wake up and vote for real candidates and not establishment puppets. If you want the continued puppet show, continue not to support Bernie. I couldn't imagine giving up prematurely to say I'd happily vote for Bloomberg lmfao.

The idea that Bernie wont compromise is ludicrous BS. He will if he has to, but he wont give up and sell people out for corporate interest. If you cant get behind that yet claim to stand for those people then what are you doing?

I love that people love to boast American exceptionalism but when confronted by universal healthcare, something ****ing Canada can provide for it's citizens, people are like "lol no way".
I think we "can" provide universal health care, as in if we did it it would work. I just think it can not be passed because there is too much corporate opposition.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

But where this needs to come from is Congress. And for that to even matter, if it did happen, you'd have to flip the Senate. And if that bill lands on the President's desk it think all of the Democrats would sign it.

I think it's cool that Cy is on a first name basis with Senator Sanders.

I think we "can" provide universal health care, as in if we did it it would work. I just think it can not be passed because there is too much corporate opposition.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

But where this needs to come from is Congress. And for that to even matter, if it did happen, you'd have to flip the Senate. And if that bill lands on the President's desk it think all of the Democrats would sign it.

Damn bro the President cant do it all by himself? That means we should give up a nominate a centrist and make sure nothing ever changes? THat makes sense?

Vote for Bernie and be proven wrong. HE IS THE MOST POPULAR CANDIDATE AND IF YOUR CLAIMS ARENT BS THEN YOU SHOULD BE HITCHING YOUR WAGON TO THE MOST POPULAR CANDIDATE TO BEAT TRUMP.

So we have a candidate who checks two of your supposed boxes (healthcare and beating Trump), but you arent supporting him? This makes sense in what universe? You are either full of it or brainwashed by the media.