What's new

2020 Presidential election

Why did trump even have to take that test in the first place? Was he hurt or sick or something. Does every president take that test?
Serious question.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It’s administered when one believes an individual may have cognitive impairment. Not out of the realm of possibility that it would be part of a battery of tests for an individual in his position that is elderly, but passing it isn’t a sign of greater intelligence, just general sanity.

It’s administered when one believes an individual may have cognitive impairment. Not out of the realm of possibility that it would be part of a battery of tests for an individual in his position that is elderly, but passing it isn’t a sign of greater intelligence, just general sanity.
But who decided it needed to be administered? Could trump have just told them to **** off?

Why did trump even have to take that test in the first place? Was he hurt or sick or something. Does every president take that test?
Serious question.

I think even Repubs were to the point where they thought he’s a ****ing retard but needed to see for sure.

Evidently he’s not. Or he’s just some new breed.

Sounds like something my three year old could pass.

~What’s that?
~A cat
~What color is that?
~Blue
~What’s that?
~A tree

Like seriously...my barely two year old could maybe pass that.

Hey everybody, I sat in a chair today! The first part was easy, I just walked up to the chair, to the side where the seat is, which not everyone knows to do. Then I turned so that I was facing away from the chair, which took a lot of courage, I had to keep the image of the chair in my brain even though I couldn't see it, before the hardest part. I actually had to start lowering my body into the chair that I couldn't see! I don't think many people could do what I did. I actually got some bonus points because while I lowered my body into the chair I remembered that the chair was red. Not many people can turn away from a chair and at the same time they are concentrating on sitting down remember the color of the chair. It was at least 15 seconds between when I turned around and when I remembered the color of the chair. I finally felt the chair on my bum and knew that I aced the sitting in a chair test... with bonus points for remembering that the chair was red. I don't think any of you could have remembered the color of the chair. I got bonus points on my chair test because I remembered the color. I'm actually better at sitting in a chair than pretty much anybody.

Once I sat in the chair with flying colors I was briefed on all the biggest national security issues. That was boring. The whole time I was just thinking about how awesome I was at sitting in chairs.

We are about to see a wave of evictions and foreclosures which could lead to a major homelessness problem. Just for those of you keeping score on the "apocalyptic scorecard"

By my count, we are only at 6 on the Mad Max 1-10 scale

Hey everybody, I sat in a chair today! The first part was easy, I just walked up to the chair, to the side where the seat is, which not everyone knows to do. Then I turned so that I was facing away from the chair, which took a lot of courage, I had to keep the image of the chair in my brain even though I couldn't see it, before the hardest part. I actually had to start lowering my body into the chair that I couldn't see! I don't think many people could do what I did. I actually got some bonus points because while I lowered my body into the chair I remembered that the chair was red. Not many people can turn away from a chair and at the same time they are concentrating on sitting down remember the color of the chair. It was at least 15 seconds between when I turned around and when I remembered the color of the chair. I finally felt the chair on my bum and knew that I aced the sitting in a chair test... with bonus points for remembering that the chair was red. I don't think any of you could have remembered the color of the chair. I got bonus points on my chair test because I remembered the color. I'm actually better at sitting in a chair than pretty much anybody.

Once I sat in the chair with flying colors I was briefed on all the biggest national security issues. That was boring. The whole time I was just thinking about how awesome I was at sitting in chairs.

Well done lol

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

But could you also do it drinking water at the same time? ****ing amateur.

We are about to see a wave of evictions and foreclosures which could lead to a major homelessness problem. Just for those of you keeping score on the "apocalyptic scorecard"

By my count, we are only at 6 on the Mad Max 1-10 scale

I’m not sure it’ll be coming just yet but I agree, it’s coming in the next 3-9 months. I was trying to find a site with month over month foreclosures in the U.S. to see if it’s been increasing (doubt it as the process takes quite long) or at least to track it to see if it does start to increase.

Lemme know if you can find anything.

I’m not sure it’ll be coming just yet but I agree, it’s coming in the next 3-9 months. I was trying to find a site with month over month foreclosures in the U.S. to see if it’s been increasing (doubt it as the process takes quite long) or at least to track it to see if it does start to increase.

Lemme know if you can find anything.
A great resource on evictions is Princeton University’s Eviction Lab. Some of the comparative information is a little dated (2016) but they also have weekly eviction tracking for a dozen select cities with current data as of July 18, 2020. Exactly when the crisis hits will vary from state to state. Here’s what they say on the looming crisis:

"Current policy responses to the pandemic may be insufficient to prevent a surge in evictions. CARES Act stimulus payments and unemployment insurance–when accessible–will provide families with some support, but in many cases not enough to make ends meet. Some states have passed temporary eviction moratoria, which the Eviction Lab is tracking in the COVID-19 Housing Policy Scorecard, and localities across the country have introduced additional measures. Once these measures expire, however, millions of renters will owe significant amounts of back rent. For many, a displacement and eviction crisis will follow the public health crisis."

Link to their homepage:
https://evictionlab.org

I have seen Trumpers defending trump taking that cognition test by saying that it was a presidential aptitude test and every president has to take it.

That's bull crap right?

I have seen Trumpers defending trump taking that cognition test by saying that it was a presidential aptitude test and every president has to take it.

That's bull crap right?

Definitely not an aptitude test. It was a very simple one-page cognitive test (the Montreal Cognitive Assessment) Trump took back in 2018. The purpose of the test is to detect early signs of dementia or cognitive impairment. No president is required to take any cognitive test, much less any aptitude test. Trump’s results from an actual general aptitude test would be informative and likely hilarious since he is functionally illiterate. Easily the least knowledgeable and informed president in American history. Shows little intellectual curiosity, has no sense of logic, either deductive or inductive, and lacks even basic quantitative reasoning skills.

Definitely not an aptitude test. It was a very simple one-page cognitive test (the Montreal Cognitive Assessment) Trump took back in 2018. The purpose of the test is to detect early signs of dementia or cognitive impairment. No president is required to take any cognitive test, much less any aptitude test. Trump’s results from an actual general aptitude test would be informative and likely hilarious since he is functionally illiterate. Easily the least knowledgeable and informed president in American history. Shows little intellectual curiosity, has no sense of logic, either deductive or inductive, and lacks even basic quantitative reasoning skills.

What a load.

You ready for another chess match?

When I was 25, when recovering my a neurological illness thought then to be multiple sclerosis, I was about as functional as Biden is today. I had trouble navigating a grocery checkout and keeping track of what was happening.

I was unable to work, but I got myself up outta bed, got my car and drove the Eccles Library at the UofU Meciical Center, and spent the day reading all I could find in the medical journals that related to my health. I developed exercises to deliberately check my memory, which I still do today. I made it an objective to scan my surroundings and my perception looking for missed stuff.

Biden doesn't do any of that. Never did. He's always been a "skater", a weather-vane reflexive politician who doesn't even care what is true. Lying is not second nature to him. It's all he knows.

I've known quite a few people like that. Very sociable, very likeable. They are always reading stuff into you and trying to say what you want to hear.

Biden is the perfect fit for the job of being an unthinking, unquestioning Party Man, the most manipulatable President in US History.

The good thing about that, in the view of real power brokers, is that it is reflexive, and needs little pushing.

Trump is nobody's man, and the Press mistakes that for being every conceivable evil for the agenda.

The way you make it out suggests to me that either you just believe the Press, or you actually are committed yourself to the "Establishment" Program. Would make sense if you are, say, an executive for Rio Tinto, or have vested interests in business which are benefited by reducing competitive opportunities or are inherently benefited by your social milieu.

I am just the old has-been who for all of my life has been a non-joiner to the crusade, though friends and relatives have been very involved. I just don't believe in it.

Trump is possibly the victim of his chosen advisors to some extent, and obviously also the dupe of some of his Establishment men he's included in his circle, who have played him pretty badly.

But his mental acuity is still pretty good. You mistake his decisions for being uniformed or illogical when it's just different values, different information, and rhetorical pandering to his base.

He is not a politician, and his inexperience in politics is more to the point of his weaknesses.