What's new

2020 Presidential election

2. I have no idea if she smoked weed in college. I do know her story is factually impossible do to album release dates which means she is full of ****.
She never actually claimed that:

“Have you ever smoked?” Charlamagne Tha God, one of the show’s hosts, asked Harris, concerning her history with marijuana. “I have. And I inhaled,” Harris replied. “It was a long time ago,” she chuckled.

Later in the interview, co-host DJ Envy asked Harris, “What does Kamala Harris listen to?” Before Harris had a moment to answer, Charlamagne Tha God quickly asked her what she was listening to when she had smoked marijuana in college.

Harris briefly laughed at the quick exchange, which caused a stir in the famously raucous recording studio. She then made eye contact with DJ Envy, who had offered Snoop Dogg as a possible artist during the crosstalk.

“Oh my goodness. Oh yeah, definitely Snoop. Yeah, Tupac, for sure,” Harris said.

Audio alone of the interaction leads to uncertainty about the question to which Harris was responding, whether DJ Envy or Charlamagne Tha God’s question about what Harris listened to in college. Video of the exchange, however, shows Harris’ body language is clearly responding to DJ Envy, avoiding eye contact with Charlamagne Tha God while she does so.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tray-kamala-harris-radio-comments/3352339001/

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. I'll cross that off my list of things I hate about her.

Butttttt, her insistence on sending marijuana users to prison despite "allegedly" smoking marijuana herself is bull ****. So she is still on the wrong side of history.
Doing something illegal and promoting it are very different. I've done illegal things that wouldn't want others to do and would try to prosecute them.

Harris is pro legalization and pushing for that as well as expunged records.

She did have a lot of arrests during her time she did have very few possession arrests serve jail time.

She does have a lot of weed advocates as well since her platform is the most pro candidate now.

Doing something illegal and promoting it are very different. I've done illegal things that wouldn't want others to do and would try to prosecute them.

She did have a lot of arrests during her time she did have very few possession arrests serve jail time.

She does have a lot of weed advocates as well since her platform is the most pro candidate now.

Why do I get the feeling that @Beer is just going to maintain his same feelings towards Harris no matter what?

Why do I get the feeling that @Beer is just going to maintain his same feelings towards Harris no matter what?

Possibly. I think the difference is I'm looking at what she has done. And a lot, well most, of it has been bad. And you are looking at what she says she will do. Which I don't believe.

So yeah, I guess talk is cheap.

If Dems take the Senate and Presidency, look for Breyer and RBG to decide to retire so they can lock in the liberal arm for another 30 years. I don't trust any president D or R in this day and age to nominate true moderates.

Merrick Garland was a centrist for all intents and purposes; McConnell is just a d-bag.

Even Rasmussen which skews for Trump only has PA as a tie. Overall it’s + 4.2 Biden. That’s shaky?

Biden is up 5 pts in Arizona and Trump has suspended ads there for the next few weeks. Texas is within the margin of error so that’ll force Trump to spend money in a state that should be safe. Florida is interesting as many former felons will be eligible to vote and trump has been attacking mail in voting (which has historically been an advantage for republicans in Florida).

The economy isn’t going to get better this fall as the pandemic gets worse. More people will lose their homes and will blame Trump. Trump will continue to do stupid things and devastating books/leaks from people like Michael Cohen and military leaders who served in his cabinet won’t stop. I really don’t see why Biden won’t maintain his lead or even expand it between now and Election Day.
Hope you are right. Color me skeptical

The DNC deserves so much ****. But while we discuss the dismantling of the parties and the special interests, let’s take note of how it took just one election to completely capture the Republican Party. One.

The GOP is different but not so sure that the same special interests are not still in charge.

Where was her pro stance when it mattered? When she was DA of California? Or did it just pop up when she needed it to swing a few votes in her favor?

If Dems take the Senate and Presidency, look for Breyer and RBG to decide to retire so they can lock in the liberal arm for another 30 years. I don't trust any president D or R in this day and age to nominate true moderates.

Merrick Garland was a centrist for all intents and purposes; McConnell is just a d-bag.

Sotomayor, Kagan, and Garland were slightly left of center. I remember obama being blasted for going so moderate and not appointing more of an ideologue. So do think Biden’s picks will be far more to the left than Obama’s? What do Democrats have that resembles anything like the Federalist Society? Even if they wanted to push ideologues, I don’t think they can because there just isn’t an organization for it, Unlike republicans.

Honestly, considering the state of voting rights, prison reform, and citizens united, shouldn’t we want a far more left leaning SC? Or do we think voting rights and citizens united will just work themselves out?

Last edited:
Hope you are right. Color me skeptical

I am.

Just look today! Another huge scandal with Bob Woodward’s book about how Trump downplayed the virus. Every week we’re going to have stuff like this out there. All the while this virus continues to destroy this country. His campaign is doomed.

Where was her pro stance when it mattered? When she was DA of California? Or did it just pop up when she needed it to swing a few votes in her favor?
DA's don't make laws, so her stance at that point is irrelevant. That's why I said she had high arrests during that time (but this part is related to her job) she had very few people serve jail time.

Besides it's not gaining her votes right but, most those types who care about this won't vote Trump anyways. It might be that she has changed her stance or now that she can push something she is. Or, maybe she is representing what people want. Public opinion is in favor of that so she is pro that.

Imagine bragging about a Nobel Prize nomination.

one person decided to nominate him and Trump idiots go wild.

He lost two years ago.

he’s retweeting everyone who mentions it.

Obama inferiority complex

a fragile insecure soul.

Trump apparently isn’t prepping for the debates.

It’s inconsequential anyway - when you are the incumbent, your job is your job interview.

And he ****ing sucks at his job.

Last edited:
I suppose his confidence has won him fans. No one could be that convinced he is the best of everything if he isn't, right?

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Trump apparently isn’t prepping for the debates.

It’s inconsequential anyway - when you are the incumbent, your job is your job interview.

And he ****ing sucks at his job.
I'm rather excited about the debates. Could be highly entertaining.

I'm rather excited about the debates. Could be highly entertaining.

I feel sooooooo much trepidation at the supposed “Entertainment value” of these debates. This is where Trump casts his black magic. Somehow, loads and loads of people get too distracted by him—and miss out on the truthier feelings of disgust and horror.

I feel sooooooo much trepidation at the supposed “Entertainment value” of these debates. This is where Trump casts his black magic. Somehow, loads and loads of people get too distracted by him—and miss out on the truthier feelings of disgust and horror.
He is kind of the master of the lowest common denominator soundbite. The "gotcha" if you will, whether he actually gotcha or not, which so many think of as actual substance and context.