What's new

2020 Presidential election

It’s this type of cynicism and contempt for voters that really turns me off to Haley. @Gameface a while ago we discussed Haley as a future presidential candidate. This is a big reason why. Unbelievable cynical and she thinks voters are stupid.

Pushing the Deep State narrative, to off the wall heights.

The top communications official at the powerful cabinet department in charge of combating the coronavirus made outlandish and false accusations on Sunday that career government scientists were engaging in “sedition” in their handling of the pandemic and that left-wing hit squads were preparing for armed insurrection after the election.

Michael R. Caputo, the assistant secretary of public affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services, accused the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of harboring a “resistance unit” determined to undermine President Trump, even if that opposition bolsters the Covid-19 death toll.

Mr. Caputo, who has faced intense criticism for leading efforts to warp C.D.C. weekly bulletins to fit Mr. Trump’s pandemic narrative, suggested that he personally could be in danger from opponents of the administration. “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get,” he urged his followers.

The average Rogan podcast goes something like this:

“These tribes in Brazil are absolutely being gutted by this unabashed state of waves of wildfire uprooting everything they live for and end up dying for. It’s a sad thing to witness.”

- Pause

“Did you see that video of that moose ****ing a Jeep?”

These tribes in Brazil are absolutely being gutted by this unabashed state of waves of wildfire uprooting everything they live for and end up dying for. It’s a sad thing to witness.”

I realize the subject matter of the thread is not uncontacted tribes in the Amazon, but I had occasion to post this elsewhere yesterday, and it’s amazing to see our fellow men living as all our ancestors did in a more distant past. The differential development of human society and technology. Humanity lives at different points in time, as it were. What started with the voyage of Columbus is still ongoing. This first aerial view of an uncontacted tribe(by definition, tribes that are aware of the outside world, but prefer no contact once they’ve experienced it), taken several years ago. The situation in Brazil is very different in 2020:

Another example of the failure of the current Republican government

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...they-re-on/ar-BB194Nue?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

With wildfires raging and smoke choking the West Coast’s cities and towns, President Donald Trump has repeatedly blamed state officials in California, Oregon and Washington for the conflagrations, suggesting they have done a poor job of managing their forests—even suggesting that they somehow rake the forests to prevent fire.

But when Trump met California officials this week for a briefing on the wildfires, CalFire director Thomas Porter showed him a map of California’s fires, most of which were located on territory the map colored green.

“All of the green," Porter told him, "is federal lands.”
….
Forest fire management is a complex issue, but one thing is clear: the federal commitment to it has been declining for years, and Trump has done little to reverse it. The federal government’s spending on fire prevention has been shrinking; the budget for vegetation management fell from approximately $240 million in 2001 to $180 million in 2015, a decline of 24 percent.

It's not because the need has decreased. According to the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) in Boise, Idaho, of the 10 years on record with the largest acreage burned, nine have occurred since 2000, including the peak year in 2015. With the increase in the number and intensity of wildfires, the cost of fighting them has grown substantially. A 2015 report by the Forest Service points out that “as more and more of the agency’s resources are spent each year to provide the firefighters, aircraft, and other assets necessary to protect lives, property, and natural resources from catastrophic wildfires, fewer and fewer funds and resources are available to support other agency work—including the very programs and restoration projects that reduce the fire threat.”
….
Recognizing the problem, the Obama administration went to Congress to fix it. The ask was simple—stop forcing the Forest Service to pay for firefighting with the money intended for forest management and other programs designed to protect fish and wildlife, provide outdoor recreation, and manage rangelands and wilderness areas—all part of the agency’s legislated mission—and, instead, treat these extreme fire events like the disasters they are, and pay for them out of disaster assistance funds.

This is what happens when you surround yourself with sycophants and only watch comfort food. Trump isn’t used to pushback. Fox News would’ve let him get away with this. Glad george didn’t.

Live shot of @Heathme after he received a covid vaccine. He’s got herd mentality now:

And here are some of their smartest:

“I’m not an idiot.”
“You’re a sensation... senslist.”

Last edited:
The reinfection stuff I've seen doesn't seem too scary/bad. It really does seem quite rare.
And I still have questions about it other than can a person test positive, then negative and then positive again at some point.

Has anyone survived initial infection, been deemed "recovered" and then gotten infected again and died from COVID-19? Or been confirmed to have spread it on the second infection? Or been hospitalized for the second infection?

And I still have questions about it other than can a person test positive, then negative and then positive again at some point.

Has anyone survived initial infection, been deemed "recovered" and then gotten infected again and died from COVID-19? Or been confirmed to have spread it on the second infection? Or been hospitalized for the second infection?

good questions. From what I’ve read online, the speculation has been related to issues with the testing. Getting inaccurate tests that tells them they’re negative when they’re still sick and then later getting a positive. Is this because we insisted on creating our own tests rather than use the WHO ones?

I also wonder what “Recovered” even means. Not dead? No longer showing most symptoms but still haven’t regained pre-covid energy? No longer showing symptoms but damaged lungs or heart? I have two colleagues who have “recovered.” They still tire easily and say at times at night they can feel their heart racing. That’s recovered?

False negatives do happen. I'd guess that accounts for a lot of the "reinfections".

I also wonder what “Recovered” even means. Not dead? No longer showing most symptoms but still haven’t regained pre-covid energy? No longer showing symptoms but damaged lungs or heart? I have two colleagues who have “recovered.” They still tire easily and say at times at night they can feel their heart racing. That’s recovered?

Survivor Corps is a group with a strong focus on so-called “long haulers”, people for whom symptoms of one type or another persist: