What's new

2021-2022 College Football Board (Utes, Cougars, and Aggies)

Oregon isn't going to make the playoffs. The chances of beating UTA, ORE ST, and then winning that Pac12 title game is very low.

UTA is in the driver seat to win the South even if they lose to ORE. What a turnaround for them, although I will never fully trust this team to get the job done lol.
They have basically already clinched the south right? I think they just have to beat arizona and they clinch. I think arizona has lost like 23 games in a row or something.

BTW was utahs rushing yards a record for most in school history? Pac12 history? Most against stanford in school history? Had to have set some records.

Utes could win the pac12, USU win the MWC, and byu could finish right around 10th in the country. Good work by the Utah schools.
Jazz with the best record (or tied) in the nba too.

BYU up 42-7 and are not even trying. Algier (their best player) only had 6 carries and they took him out of the game. Got his NCAA leading 17th rushing touchdown before sitting the rest of the game out. Also heard that BYU and georgia are the only teams in the nation with 5 wins against fbs teams with winning records.

They have basically already clinched the south right? I think they just have to beat arizona and they clinch. I think arizona has lost like 23 games in a row or something.

BTW was utahs rushing yards a record for most in school history? Pac12 history? Most against stanford in school history? Had to have set some records.

The magic number is two. They have to have a combination of two wins or Arizona St. losses.

Utah Schedule:

@Arizona
Oregon
Colorado

Arizaona St Schedule:

USC
@Washington
@Oregon St
Arizona

It's pretty locked up, but theoretically Arizona St. could run the table and Utah could lose 2/3 somehow.

The magic number is two. They have to have a combination of two wins or Arizona St. losses.

Utah Schedule:

@Arizona
Oregon
Colorado

Arizaona St Schedule:

USC
@Washington
@Oregon St
Arizona

It's pretty locked up, but theoretically Arizona St. could run the table and Utah could lose 2/3 somehow.
Thanks for the info. Not as locked up as I thought but pretty close. Will almost certainly end up being a great season for the utes despite the early season woes.

BYU basketball beat 12th ranked oregon by like a million points. Basketball and football looking legit right before going into the big 12. Also the basketball program just landed the #1 recruit in the state and the football program has snatched up a few guys that they normally dont get (just stole an O-lineman from oregon). Even have some insanely highly ranked recruits putting byu football in their top 5 or top 11. (dont think they will land either player but its amazing that byu are even being considered for these kids)

Great time to be a BYU fan.
Also, right now the new look big12 is looking amazing in football (they are already the best conference in basketball). Cincinnatti is ranked #5, Oklahoma state is #9, Baylor is #11, BYU is #14, and houston is #24 in the College Football Playoff rankings. Houston is actually #17 in the AP polls, and Cincy is #3. Even UCF (the other addition along with byu, houston, and cincy) has a winning record at 6-4. Three of the four new additions are in the top 24 of the CFP rankings.

It's what 3 points? They typically give 3 points to the home team so they are thinking the teams are even. I've seen Oregon a couple times and they have at times looked really bad on offense. Brown is no Herbert. Utah has had its own inconsistency. We left the ASU game thinking they had lost. I guess switch came on in the 3rd quarter. I think Oregon forces us to pass and Cam Rising will need to play well.

It's what 3 points? They typically give 3 points to the home team so they are thinking the teams are even. I've seen Oregon a couple times and they have at times looked really bad on offense. Brown is no Herbert. Utah has had its own inconsistency. We left the ASU game thinking they had lost. I guess switch came on in the 3rd quarter. I think Oregon forces us to pass and Cam Rising will need to play well.
Risings running has been a big factor so far. He just gets better and better each week it seems.

Buy is lucky they played Utah when they did.
Well I mean it isn't like BYU has sucked since that game. Also, byu could say the same thing in some of the years when utah wins. Just kind of a dumb argument. Maybe BYU plays the utah that lost to oregon state. BYU is 4-0 against the pac12. Not just utah, the pac12

Utah knocking the pac12 out of the playoffs while at the same time possibly knocking themselves out of the rose bowl. Still a really good win.

That Covey punt return was awesome to experience live in person. I was thinking they just go for the block and head into halftime up 21-0. Covey had different ideas.

Think we are going to head to Vegas to experience the title game. Should be a sweet time. Looking forward to seeing that new stadium. I remember the Vegas bowl back in the day at Sam Boyd.

I don’t follow?
Well oregon was going to be in the playoffs but now they wont be and no other pac12 team was even close to getting in so no pac12 team will be in the playoffs once again. As for the rose bowl part, basically if the utes lost today then they could lose against oregon in the pac12 championship game and still go to the rose bowl because in that scenario oregon doesn't go to the rose bowl because they would be in the college football playoffs. Now the utes have to win the pac12 championship game to get into the rose bowl. They lose and they dont get in. There was a scenario where they could lose the pac12 championship game and still go to the rose bowl but that is no longer an option.

Having said all that its much better to just win and get in than back in due to a technicality so great win by the utes and of course was the right thing to do.

They beat us fair and square. And honestly don’t care to get into whether they beat us again or not if it were this week…both teams are doing great!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
Seconded. Both teams are playing great, and BYU was the better team that week. Speculation about any other time is pointless. Let’s give BYU the props they deserved - just like we have to give Utah props for the previous 9 years that they deserved.

They beat us fair and square. And honestly don’t care to get into whether they beat us again or not if it were this week…both teams are doing great!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I can certainly say that as bad as byu is banged up right now (really bad) and as good as the utes ate playing that i would rather not play again right now :)

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

What a great season by the utes. I know its not nit over yet but wow. I dont think any of us saw this coming after the first few games.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app