What's new

2021-2022 College Football Board (Utes, Cougars, and Aggies)

Dbgii77

Predictions on our local football teams?

I got

Utah at 9-3

BYU at 7-5

Utah State at 5-7

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Predictions on our local football teams?

I got

Utah at 9-3

BYU at 7-5

Utah State at 5-7

Utah loses to USC, Oregon state and Oregon

BYU loses to Utah, Arizona state, Baylor, Virginia and usc

Utah state beats North Dakota, unlv, Hawaii, New Mexico State and New Mexico

I bet Carson Strong for the Heisman at 250:1. Sort of want to bet Ewers too small but his odds aren’t up. Maybe he’s red-shirting idk.

I doubt BYU loses to Virginia. Virginia isn't very good and is ranked way behind byu and the game is in Provo.
I'm seeing BYU ranked 45 and Virginia is ranked 57. Baylor is ranked 67 btw

Virginia is picked to finish 5th in their conference. Baylor is predicted to finish 8th.

Last edited:

Why Oregon State? Cause they're due to finally get a win against Utah or you from there or? Just that pick should have an explanation behind it.

I would pick 4 other games/teams in front of that one. Either AZ schools just cause for whatever reason weird things happen in those games. I would say Wazzu as they also tend to give the U trouble but that was more with Mike Leach and now he's at Miss St. Then Stanford just cause they are always tough and well coached even in years they are down.

Why Oregon State? Cause they're due to finally get a win against Utah or you from there or? Just that pick should have an explanation behind it.

I would pick 4 other games/teams in front of that one. Either AZ schools just cause for whatever reason weird things happen in those games. I would say Wazzu as they also tend to give the U trouble but that was more with Mike Leach and now he's at Miss St.

I just think Utah has a what the hell loss almost every year

Here we go! 10 more minutes until kickoff!

Looks like it almost a certainty that BYU will be joining the Big12. Looks like it should be next season. Then Houston, UCF (nice win over boise state yesterday), and cincinnati will be added to the conference later.
That will be the 5th best football conference in the country which isn't ideal but at the same time makes the conference more "winnable". Should be the best basketball conference in the country. Im stoked about this as I have always longed to be in a conference.

Great move by BYU. The restructured Big 12 is going to be a fun conference for hard core college fans.
I mentioned this in another thread but another good thing about joining the restructured big12 is that the new big12 lacks a superteam so BYU actually has a chance to win the conference (though they would still be underdogs for sure).
In basketball however they will be lucky to win half their games lol. No more guaranteed 20 + win seasons like in the wcc.

I mentioned this in another thread but another good thing about joining the restructured big12 is that the new big12 lacks a superteam so BYU actually has a chance to win the conference (though they would still be underdogs for sure).
In basketball however they will be lucky to win half their games lol. No more guaranteed 20 + win seasons like in the wcc.
The basketball will be awesome, and rough. Even though they will win less, it will be better basketball and will be a huge step up in the competitive level.

I really HATE saying this, but I really can’t fathom Utah beating BYU 10 straight times.

For perspective, when BYU was absolutely dominant in the Lavell era, if I’m not mistaken, they never beat Utah 10 straight times. The streak would get to 9 and then an inferior Utah team would rise up and win one. There was a much bigger gap in talent between the two teams back then and it was still hard for BYU to win 10 straight.

I think Saturday night is gonna be a damn dog fight.

I really HATE saying this, but I really can’t fathom Utah beating BYU 10 straight times.

For perspective, when BYU was absolutely dominant in the Lavell era, if I’m not mistaken, they never beat Utah 10 straight times. The streak would get to 9 and then an inferior Utah team would rise up and win one. There was a much bigger gap in talent between the two teams back then and it was still hard for BYU to win 10 straight.

I think Saturday night is gonna be a damn dog fight.

What?? Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. There wasn’t a bigger talent gap back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What?? Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. There wasn’t a bigger talent gap back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should check the point differentials from back then vs this current streak.