What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

Just want to reiterate that I think Petrusev is a 1st-round caliber prospect. He's a no-brainer if the Jazz can pick him up in the mid-2nd round. He's a stretch big who can play 4 or 5. He has some limitations defensively, but if you want someone with a Vucevic-type skillset, Petrusev could be the guy.

I like JT Thor but still raw and an unpolished prospect with a good upside. However, the Jazz probably looking for someone that could bring in immediate help and is ready to help the team. Thor will probably fall like Bol Bol did and get picked in the 40s.

I like JT Thor but still raw and an unpolished prospect with a good upside. However, the Jazz probably looking for someone that could bring in immediate help and is ready to help the team. Thor will probably fall like Bol Bol did and get picked in the 40s.
Guys like that are almost always better second draft guys. If I felt like he was a worker I'd have no problem taking him in the first round. The physical tools are lotto talent ****... the shot goes in enough to make you think it could work a bit... He has a lot going on with the shot though. Believe me if we picked him I'd be salivating and convince myself there is no way he isn't an all star some day.

Jeremy Woo reporting that the Jazz are looking to move off salary and could use this pick to move off an unwanted contract.

We all know who the unwanted contract is…on the bright side, seems like they have confidence that Conley will be back.

Jeremy Woo reporting that the Jazz are looking to move off salary and could use this pick to move off an unwanted contract.

We all know who the unwanted contract is…on the bright side, seems like they have confidence that Conley will be back.

So basically we're telling teams that if they'll take Derrick Favors off our hands, we'll throw in Josh Christopher, Ayo Dosunmu or Quentin Grimes as an expression of our gratitude. I sure hope we can get back in the 2nd round then.

I could see the Kings and Knicks as destinations for Favors, unless some team like the Thunder want to hold him as their mid-season trade chip this year. Mavericks could work for Favs too, but I'm not sure what Dallas gives us.

Woo article.

So are we thinking of attaching No. 30 to move off Favors and then moving Bogey/Ingles to trade back into the first?

Something’s gotta give this week, just don’t know what yet.

Last edited:

Woo article.

So are we thinking of attaching No. 30 to move off Favors and then moving Bogey/Ingles to trade back into the first?

Something’s gotta give this week, just don’t know what yet.

If we can get off Favors money then I doubt we would trade Bogey or Ingles just to get back in the first round. My guess we would look to buy a second round pick.

It's been incredibly sad to watch this organization constantly move picks to offload bad contracts. Kind of makes the draft an empty affair.
Yeah, sucks. Could totally see us just attaching the pick to move Fav, and then just buying a second somewhere.

That would be an epically lame draft week.

Yeah, sucks. Could totally see us just attaching the pick to move Fav, and then just buying a second somewhere.

That would be an epically lame draft week.
It's got to a weird feeling as a player knowing that you're so overpaid that a team will give you assets to get rid of you.

Imagine if your workplace felt your contribution to the organization was so overpaid that they'll give another company some new vehicles just to take you off their hands.

I'll take the reigns of the the Thor bandwagon. I think dude is still an absolute sleeper in this draft. Dying on this hill.

There are going to be some very good players taken in the 20s of this draft, something that can't be said every year. If the Jazz were proactive, they could probably move to grab a player who is a good long-term partner for Donovan. If they want to dump Favors' contract, or another contract, they could do it at the deadline when playoff teams are looking for some veteran help.

There are going to be some very good players taken in the 20s of this draft, something that can't be said every year. If the Jazz were proactive, they could probably move to grab a player who is a good long-term partner for Donovan. If they want to dump Favors' contract, or another contract, they could do it at the deadline when playoff teams are looking for some veteran help.
We desperately need a young player in the pipeline that we can point to... at very least as a replacement for some of the aging vets.

There are going to be some very good players taken in the 20s of this draft, something that can't be said every year.
I'm no expert here, but it seems we talk our selves into this kind of sentiment every year around draft time. Maybe we need he who won't be named to give us a year-to-year draft depth comparison/prognostication?