What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

Maybe I am overthinking Joe's future. Maybe he stays in the states for a few more years and collects checks... he just seems like 75% of the time he'd rather be in Australia with his family. I think he would hate moving his kids
He said the moment his career in Utah is over, that’s where he’s going.
Nah, Joe would finish out his contract - he's got that as a principle.
He’s on record saying he would retire the moment he can’t play for the jazz.

I think Grimes is the most likely guy if the Jazz keep and make the pick. The low 2 FG% and mediocre FT% worry me. Watching his highlights, he seems to only create mid-range jumpers for himself; rarely does he break his defender down and get to the rim. I believe I also read his 3% from NBA distance was low relative to what you'd expect from a guy who made 40% of his 3's overall.

Found this on reddit. Biggest movement on over/unders since betting opened.

(Opened > Current)

** Rising **

Todd 51.5 > 37.5 (-14)

Murphy 27.5 > 17.5 (-10)

Bassey 55.5 > 45.5 (-10)

Petrusev 57.5 > 49.5 (-7)

Sharpe 35.5 > 29.5 (-6)

McBride 32.5 > 28.5 (-4)

Bouknight 10.5 > 6.5 (-4)

Duarte 20.5 > 15.5 (-4)

Primo 31.5 > 27.5 (-4)

** Falling **

Ayayi 30.5 > 40.5 (+10)

Juhann 36.5 > 44.5 (+8)

Keon 8.5 > 13.5 (+5)

Mitchell 8.5 > 12.5 (+4)

Ayo 24.5 > 27.5 (+3)

Jackson 18.5 > 20.5 (+2)

Wieskamp gets a lot of hate on defense because he's a white guy who looks like Duncan Robinson but here's KOC's blurb about his D in the "strengths" part

• A competitive defender who shined at the combine, displaying NBA-level quickness on the perimeter and physicality inside as a rebounder.
Same KOC that has us taking Sharpe for his small ball 5 ability?

Usman Garuba has a somewhat hefty buyout from Real Madrid -- €3 million euros. It might affect his draft position a little. If he's not taken high enough in the draft, or taken as a 2nd round pick, it might not be worth it for him to come over this year.

Mentally preparing myself to trade down, draft Joel Ayayi, and sadly watch press conferences where Zanik says that he would have been their guy at 30 anyway.

Mentally preparing myself to trade down, draft Joel Ayayi, and sadly watch press conferences where Zanik says that he would have been their guy at 30 anyway.
I’m hoping this is as disappointing as it gets. I think it could be far worse than this.

Last edited:
I've already prepared myself to be disappointed for the draft tomorrow, just like how I've always prepared myself to be disappointed in the playoffs too, those bunch of goddam Frauds.

Anyway, the most Jazz like picks are, whether they stay at 30 or trade out into the 2nd round are; Joe Wieskamp (the most jazziest pick of all it's cheezy lol) Quentin Grimes, Joel Ayayi, Herb Jones and Aaron Henry.

Tony picked Quentin Grimes for the Jazz in The Athletic’s beat writer mock draft. Zach Harper chose Bones for us in his own mock draft.