What's new

2022 Annual Jazzfanz All Time NBA Draft

So I'm confused about the years gimmick. So are we picking a player based on the era they were drafted in or picking the player from their best year?

So I'm confused about the years gimmick. So are we picking a player based on the era they were drafted in or picking the player from their best year?
As I understand it, we pick by decade drafted so I could not have Magic and Larry in my same top 5 picks. But I could select Magic and Hakeem even if I choose as their peak years 1990-91 and 1994-95 respectively.

As I understand it, we pick by decade drafted so I could not have Magic and Larry in my same top 5 picks. But I could select Magic and Hakeem even if I choose as their peak years 1990-91 and 1994-95 respectively.
Magic and Larry were different eras actually.

Magic and Larry were different eras actually.
You are right! I’m at a Dali museum in Saint Petersburg Florida and replying off the top of my head. 79 vs 80 drafts if memory serves. I stand corrected, thanks for clearing the cobwebs for me.

Their draft year addresses the era/decade criterion, but you choose the specific season of theirs you would like them to be for the competition.

The primary reason for this is to beef up the options for the legacy (70’s and earlier) pool of players.

No it isn’t. It might be buried in the thread but it is not at the top of either threads.
Looking at the OP page , Numberica appears to be right. I am by the rules forced to choose players from the 5 eras with my first five picks, but it doesn’t say that they can’t constitute my reserves.

Not trying to make a stink but this puts a significant constraint on team-building if it’s a rule, and whether it is or isn’t is of critical importance to how a person might approach their build. I would have absolutely drafted Bill Russell with my second pick if that was the case.