What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

Yeah because getting John Wall makes them worse lol.
Depends on how much he plays. I dont think having a non-shooter, who has been a terrible defender since his injuries, next to Kawhi Leonard and Paul George is a great addition. And yes, it could potentially make them worse if he's playing over better role players.

Depends on how much he plays. I dont think having a non-shooter, who has been a terrible defender since his injuries, next to Kawhi Leonard and Paul George is a great addition. And yes, it could potentially make them worse if he's playing over better role players.
Lol k. Which role players do you mean?

I dont think signing John Wall to a minimum contract, a guy who has barely played the last few years and when he has he hasnt been any good, prevents them from wanting Conley.
Would you want Wall on a min contract or Conley on 21mil? And if you think a guy who averages 20+7+1steal+1block "not any good", what would you call a guy who averages 14+5+1steal+0.3block?

Conley would have hell of a market if he signs at a vet min or even at MLE. But he's not. No team would want him on his current contract or he'd be gone already

Would you want Wall on a min contract or Conley on 21mil? And if you think a guy who averages 20+7+1steal+1block "not any good", what would you call a guy who averages 14+5+1steal+0.3block?
IS the 21 million dollar contract preventing me from doing anything? Is it just a matter of me, Steve Balmer, the richest man in the NBA, paying some more LT? Then yeah, I'd go Conley 10/10 times.

IS the 21 million dollar contract preventing me from doing anything? Is it just a matter of me, Steve Balmer, the richest man in the NBA, paying some more LT? Then yeah, I'd go Conley 10/10 times.
if that's case, tell me why balmer hasn't signed Kyrie for 50mil, Beal for 60 and KD for 70mil? if only overpay to get guys on your team is that easy......

if that's case, tell me why balmer hasn't signed Kyrie for 50mil, Beal for 60 and KD for 70mil? if only overpay to get guys on your team is that easy......
There's a thing called a salary cap that prevents you from paying players you dont have bird rights too...

right that's one, and two there's always something else with overpaying a player who doesn't live up to his contract
If my net worth is 88 billion ****ing dollars I dont give a **** about overpaying by some measly millions. Give me the best player.

If my net worth is 88 billion ****ing dollars I dont give a **** about overpaying by some measly millions. Give me the best player.
yeah like if you sign Kyrie to 50mil right now what would Kawhi and PG think? paying Conley 20mil could be way more detrimental to your lockerroom than having Wall on a min contract.

yeah like if you sign Kyrie to 50mil right now what would Kawhi and PG think? paying Conley 20mil could be way more detrimental to your lockerroom than having Wall on a min contract.
Reaching hard holy ****.

Conley is a respected vet. No one would give a **** if they brought him in at 21 million per year. Such a terrible argument.

Oh, and John Wall's total salary this year is 47 million dollars, higher than Kawhi Leonard or Paul George. Is that going to ruin the locker-room?

Reaching hard holy ****.

Conley is a respected vet. No one would give a **** if they brought him in at 21 million per year. Such a terrible argument.
a respect vet. yeah, even you said it yourself.

if ballmer ever have a chance to pay for the "best players" in the business, why would he look at Conley?

is he amongst the "best" in the business?

If he can ever overpay to get someone, it'd be a long way before he take a look at a guy who's currently the 16th or 17th best PG in the league

a respect vet. yeah, even you said it yourself.

if ballmer ever have a chance to pay for the "best players" in the business, why would he look at Conley?

is he amongst the "best" in the business?

If he can ever overpay to get someone, it'd be a long way before he take a look at a guy who's currently the 16th or 17th best PG in the league
You being extremely goofy.

He can literally have both. John Wall isnt playing a 82 game season at over 20 mpg and staying healthy.

he's off a waiver. meaning Clippers ain't paying that 47mil
He's getting paid 47 million dollars this year to play basketball.

The same man who raised a fit to the media when Reggie Jackson made more money than him one season.

Great lockerroom guy over Conley for sure.