What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

YoungJefe

LeBron leaves Cleveland. They become the worst team in the NBA. They draft Kyrie. Cleveland is the worst team in the NBA for a few years.

LeBron shows up, takes Kyrie to the Finals where he gets hurt, helps them win the title, then gets hurt again.

Kyrie then demands out and goes to Boston who actually have more playoff success without Kyrie than with him.

Then Kyrie goes to Brooklyn where he has completely failed.

Why does anybody care about Kyrie? He played a few amazing games in the 2016 playoffs and hit one amazing shot. Without LeBron, the guy is a massively overpaid loser. Worse than Westbrook.
He has injury concerns but he's a baller, lol. Dude has averaged 27 ppg for 3 straight years on basically 50/40/90 splits.

YoungJefe

He lost a ton of money by refusing not to get the shot. I dont think it was out of the question at all.
He lost $17M for not getting an experimental vaccine that turns out he didn't have to get anyways.

His biggest gripe with the Nets was that he wanted long term financial security, he was going to get that by taking $30M less on a 1 year deal and forfeit his bird rights by signing with the Lakers??

Saint Cy of JFC

He lost $17M for not getting an experimental vaccine that turns out he didn't have to get anyways.

His biggest gripe with the Nets was that he wanted long term financial security, he was going to get that by taking $30M less on a 1 year deal and forfeit his bird rights by signing with the Lakers??
experimental, right.

Ineptimusprime

My taxpayer MLE play?

I would split the taxpayer MLE between the Martin twins and sign them both.

Young, long, athletic, versatile.

What we actually do? Probably give it all to some old guy we have to attach a pick to get off his contract in a year.

YoungJefe

My taxpayer MLE play?

I would split the taxpayer MLE between the Martin twins and sign them both.

Young, long, athletic, versatile.

What we actually do? Probably give it all to some old guy we have to attach a pick to get off his contract in a year.
We might not even use it, Ryan is pinching pennies on uniform design and roster building.