What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

I think Mitchell is garbage? That's funny.

I've said countless times I think he is one of the best scorers in the NBA. I just hate his play style and think players his size are capped in what they can do. Doesn't mean I think he sucks.
Mitchell is like the perfect #2 guy if you have one of the elite players in the NBA.

With regard to John Wall. My guess is Clips got him so quickly because they agreed to start him. That was part of the issue in Houston. There is some stuff around Houston that no one will talk freely about... but they didn't want him around their young players for a reason. I think there could be some issues there but they may also move Jackson. I think Wall helps them but if I was them I would have a hard time banking on that.

With regard to John Wall. My guess is Clips got him so quickly because they agreed to start him. That was part of the issue in Houston. There is some stuff around Houston that no one will talk freely about... but they didn't want him around their young players for a reason. I think there could be some issues there but they may also move Jackson. I think Wall helps them but if I was them I would have a hard time banking on that.
Probably because he's a diva and actively embraces gang culture. Not really a dude you want around young players, especially ones like Kevin Porter Jr.

Josh Okogie did not get his qualifying offer and is an unrestricted FA. If its for a minimum I'd bring him in. Locke said something today and it rang true... said House and Hernangomez weren't like amazing for us... but the both played hard and it was really noticeable (said it like it was a problem for the rest of the roster). I would like to bring back House, Juan, and add a guy like Okogie who might just suck too much on offense... but he is a good defender and plays super hard. Having a few of those guys might help us have a few less Melatonin games. Guys fighting to stay in the league and prove themselves.

Probably because he's a diva and actively embraces gang culture. Not really a dude you want around young players, especially ones like Kevin Porter Jr.
I think there was an incident where he almost got one of their young players into some ****... It may have been Kevin. The reporter wouldn't elaborate. Lue will have his hands full with Morris, Wall, Jackson (his effort can ebb and flow)... they don't have a strong player leader.

The Clippers look poised to be a contender and it was one of the only good playoff teams that he slotted in as an instant starter. For a team actively tanking there was no benefit to have a veteran like Wall taking minutes from their young players. He was around their young players and played 40 games for them the previous year, if you're looking to tank having a PG that's averaging 20/7 doesn't help your chance to lose games.

I think they asked him to sit out in hopes he might agree to a buyout but he wasn't going to sacrifice any of that money. I mean they still have to pay him $41M of his $47M but if they bought him out last year he likely would've asked for twice that much.

I don't think he'll be great for them but he's still a good playmaker, which is something they lack, and he'll get other guys involved offensively/take pressure of Kawhi and PG.

Josh Okogie did not get his qualifying offer and is an unrestricted FA. If its for a minimum I'd bring him in. Locke said something today and it rang true... said House and Hernangomez weren't like amazing for us... but the both played hard and it was really noticeable (said it like it was a problem for the rest of the roster). I would like to bring back House, Juan, and add a guy like Okogie who might just suck too much on offense... but he is a good defender and plays super hard. Having a few of those guys might help us have a few less Melatonin games. Guys fighting to stay in the league and prove themselves.
Josh Jackson, Jalen Smith, and Jarrett Culver all fit into a similar mold.

BPM certainly isn't useless. Yeah it has it flaws. Bigs will often dominate a lot of advanced stats because they get easy counting stats on high efficiency.

That isn't Conley though.
So you saying it isn't Donovan Mitchell either? But apparently he is trash according to you. Keep shooting yourself in the foot Cy. Keep shooting

So you saying it isn't Donovan Mitchell either? But apparently he is trash according to you. Keep shooting yourself in the foot Cy. Keep shooting
I've never called him trash in a serious manner. Do I think he is a top 20 player? Do I think he is top 30? Maybe.

Stop reaching.

BPM certainly isn't useless. Yeah it has it flaws. Bigs will often dominate a lot of advanced stats because they get easy counting stats on high efficiency.

That isn't Conley though.
BPM isn't completely useless. Sure. But it's not that useful either. It's a stats skewed towards big man. Sure. But aren't Rudy and Bam two of the best big men in the game? BPM had them ranked behind Harrell and Robert Williams which basically has taken away all its credibility.

My wild idea with no regard for cap space etc: trade Don to NY for Barret +filler and Bogie to Atlanta for Collins somehow. Keep Gobert and keep Conley for his veteran leadership, bring back House and possibly Juancho. Start Conley, House, Barrett, Collins and Rudy. A younger, bigger line up with better defense and more flexibility (Collins as small ball center for example). JC, Royce and possibly Juancho off the bench.

I've never called him trash in a serious manner. Do I think he is a top 20 player? Do I think he is top 30? Maybe.

Stop reaching.
It's OK Cy it's OK to admit that you are wrong sometimes. Tell any basketball people on earth that Conley was a top 10 PG in the league this season they will laugh at you. Its not an argument you can win no matter what stats you use.

Of course you can again say that you weren't being "serious". You are never wrong. Just wasn't "serious".

Stop reaching.
And I'm sure you were VERY SERIOUS when you bashed on Mr. Jae Crowder. He doesn't fit the "big man collecting counting stats on high efficiency" category either. Yet BPM had him ranked 61st best this past season. So what kinda excuse are you gonna use this time?

My wild idea with no regard for cap space etc: trade Don to NY for Barret +filler and Bogie to Atlanta for Collins somehow. Keep Gobert and keep Conley for his veteran leadership, bring back House and possibly Juancho. Start Conley, House, Barrett, Collins and Rudy. A younger, bigger line up with better defense and more flexibility (Collins as small ball center for example). JC, Royce and possibly Juancho off the bench.
The Knicks are looking to move Noel and/or Burks to free up $25M in cap space for Jalen Brunson so if we're going to trade Don there it would have to happen within the next few days because they'll have limited cap flexibility once they land Brunson.

Only a select few players are bothered by the pay thing (like John Wall, the dude who was bothered that some random PG on another team made more than him). So if you're going to raise a huge stink about some select few players caring that much about intra team pay, I was just pointing out it exist for total pay outside the team too. Don't shoot the messenger for telling you facts.
Lol you're the one who made the stink lol. Wtf are you talking about? Nobody on the clippers are going to complain about Walls 7 mill like you claimed. Nobody.

I think moving Burks or Noel would give them $24M
They have enough sweetener to get either of those guys moved fairly easily... will likely cost seconds or McBride. They tried to cover up that AB had surgery like that wouldn't be disclosed later.

If we were good spending a little Noel, a second, and McBride into our trade exception would be a decent use of the TPE.