What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

The Pistons let three players go today: Luka Garza, Frank Jackson and Carsen Edwards. Jackson and Edwards have Utah ties and Garza has the potential to be a stretch 4.

Mavs are being dumb here. Pay the man... you can go out to 5 years... they don't have the assets to replace him. At very least offer like $30 a year and push the Knicks to go higher... maybe they give you something decent in a sign and trade.
If they sign him to a $30M a year deal they'd have the second highest payroll in the NBA despite a pretty average roster outside of Luka. Brunson is replaceable and isn't worth anywhere close to a max deal.

If they sign him to a $30M a year deal they'd have the second highest payroll in the NBA despite a pretty average roster outside of Luka. Brunson is replaceable and isn't worth anywhere close to a max deal.

I’d rather have Brunson on 30M a year than nothing or at least make the Knicks cough up something of use.

I’d rather have Brunson on 30M a year than nothing or at least make the Knicks cough up something of use.
Overpaying average players is how teams screw themselves long term. A S&T could potentially work if the Mavericks want Noel or Burks but if they don't they'll probably off load them elsewhere and have the space to give him $25M APY. If Dallas is impressed because he cooked Conley, they can acquire Reggie Jackson for 1/3 the price.

Dinwiddie was a midseason addition and his numbers were almost identical to Brunson's numbers plus they get THJ back

I am pretty sure all 29 teams hate the Knicks, lol. Teams think they can get good value on the market for the guys they groomed that won't be hard to trade and then comes Knicks overpaying just to make the 6th seed.

I am pretty sure all 29 teams hate the Knicks, lol. Teams think they can get good value on the market for the guys they groomed that won't be hard to trade and then comes Knicks overpaying just to make the 6th seed.
The only FA's they've landed have been guys that they significantly overpaid like Portis, Randle, etc.

45OOCSTOEZBORHTGZOEE4LDATQ.jpg

If one of your role players gets paid by the Knicks, just focus on yourself king. Apparently they're interested in signing Brunson and trading for Murray.
That's what the teams are doing, it just sucks. If Kings didn't sign Randle for 3x65 or something, Nola could have signed him for better value and may have traded him for other players or assets.

I just saw on Hoopsrumors that the Kings have an interest in signing Danuel House.
He will land somewhere for sure. Every team needs guys like House that bring high energy, defensive tenacity, and a decent 3 pt shot. The quintessential 3&D guy.

It will be sad when we don't bring him back and then we chase the exact same role among lesser players for essentially the same money. We are so ****ing short-sighted sometimes.

He will land somewhere for sure. Every team needs guys like House that bring high energy, defensive tenacity, and a decent 3 pt shot. The quintessential 3&D guy.

It will be sad when we don't bring him back and then we chase the exact same role among lesser players for essentially the same money. We are so ****ing short-sighted sometimes.
House is looking for a guarantee and the people that brought him in are all essentially gone. At the time the Jazz were scrambling for players so were the Celtics and either House didn't hit their radar or he did and was not signed. The Celtics brought three guys in from the GLeague including Juwan Morgan, Malik Fitts and Nik Stauskas to stay legal under the CBA.

or why we didn't just get a team option on the second year and not eff around with all the 10-days... at least a partial guarantee on year two. Its something that drives me nuts. The Lakers got one on Stanley Johnson... even that dumbass FO got it right.