What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

1. Paolo Banchero
  2. Chet Holmgren
  3. Jaden Ivy
  4. Jabari Smith
  5. Jeremy Sochan
  6. AJ Griffin
  7. Jalen Duren
  8. Keegan Murray
  9. Johnny Davis
  10. Dyson Daniels
  11. Benedict Mathurin
  12. Shaden Sharpe
  13. Tari Eason
  14. Ousmane Dieng
  15. Jalen Williams
  16. Nikola Jovic
  17. Ochai Abaji
  18. Kendall Brown
  19. EJ Liddell
  20. Dereon Seabron
  21. Wendell Moore
  22. Kennedy Chandler
  23. Jake Laravia
  24. Justin Lewis
  25. Mark Williams
  26. Walker Kessler
  27. Christian Braun
  28. Marjon Beauchamp
  29. Josh Minott
  30. Jaylin Williams

1. Paolo Banchero
  2. Chet Holmgren
  3. Jaden Ivy
  4. Jabari Smith
  5. Jeremy Sochan
  6. AJ Griffin
  7. Jalen Duren
  8. Keegan Murray
  9. Johnny Davis
  10. Dyson Daniels
  11. Benedict Mathurin
  12. Shaden Sharpe
  13. Tari Eason
  14. Ousmane Dieng
  15. Jalen Williams
  16. Nikola Jovic
  17. Ochai Abaji
  18. Kendall Brown
  19. EJ Liddell
  20. Dereon Seabron
  21. Wendell Moore
  22. Kennedy Chandler
  23. Jake Laravia
  24. Justin Lewis
  25. Mark Williams
  26. Walker Kessler
  27. Christian Braun
  28. Marjon Beauchamp
  29. Josh Minott
  30. Jaylin Williams
How dare you disrespect Mark Williams like that!!!

I can’t decide if Chet is a piece that is easy to build around because he unlocks stuff with his uniqueness or if he’s a piece that is hard to build around because of his uniqueness. I’m leaning towards the former… I hope he lands in OKC because they will figure it out.

I think Wendell Moore is the guy I think we are most likely to get that I’d be excited about. I think we can trade for a pick in the 30s and think he may still be around. I just think at very least he’s a decent three and D guy who can dribble and pass a little. Teams will get seduced by huge upside and wait on him. I like guys who have the same role in college that can translate it directly to the pros. The guys that score 20 a game sometimes struggle to adjust to being offball.

I can’t decide if Chet is a piece that is easy to build around because he unlocks stuff with his uniqueness or if he’s a piece that is hard to build around because of his uniqueness. I’m leaning towards the former… I hope he lands in OKC because they will figure it out.
He fits well with most groups because he can stretch the floor and should be a top tier rim protector.

He fits well with most groups because he can stretch the floor and should be a top tier rim protector.
I just wonder if he will have issues guarding on the perimeter if he is more of a 4 that needs to play with a 5. I wonder if he will have trouble as a full time 5... I think he will do fine. He moves well obvi... His body may make his game look weirder than it actually is and maybe he's like the perfect glue guy.

I think Wendell Moore is the guy I think we are most likely to get that I’d be excited about. I think we can trade for a pick in the 30s and think he may still be around. I just think at very least he’s a decent three and D guy who can dribble and pass a little. Teams will get seduced by huge upside and wait on him. I like guys who have the same role in college that can translate it directly to the pros. The guys that score 20 a game sometimes struggle to adjust to being offball.

Curious as to what you think about Vince Williams, or if you've heard of him (I hadn't). Doesn't have the same pedigree as Moore, but similar type of prospect. He's the guy I'm hoping we buy a second round pick and use it on.

Curious as to what you think about Vince Williams, or if you've heard of him (I hadn't). Doesn't have the same pedigree as Moore, but similar type of prospect. He's the guy I'm hoping we buy a second round pick and use it on.
I haven't watched him much at all... I think I've seen some places he goes undrafted. I know he's a hipster draft favorite and I am always down to take a flier on guys like him... so I down... especially since he will either go undrafted or go late. We will buy a pick in the 50s because its free money basically... the difference between a minimum and a minimum on a guy that gets drafted is about a million... add in the tax or the help we need getting under the tax and its a no brainer. If it was me I'd buy two picks then tell Locke to tell everyone how much capital I have invested and how willing to spend I am.

So... in the last week or so I've gotten higher and higher on Dalen Terry... and today I realized who he reminded me of and my image of him crumbled.

Dante. Tall, long PG with some athleticism... some passing vision, lack of production, lack of aggression, loose handle.... now I can't get it out of my head.

So... in the last week or so I've gotten higher and higher on Dalen Terry... and today I realized who he reminded me of and my image of him crumbled.

Dante. Tall, long PG with some athleticism... some passing vision, lack of production, lack of aggression, loose handle.... now I can't get it out of my head.

If it helps at all, Terry is bigger, longer and more vertically athletic than Dante. Plus he doesn't keep falling on his face.

If it helps at all, Terry is bigger, longer and more vertically athletic than Dante. Plus he doesn't keep falling on his face.
That last part is important. I swear I've never seen a player have so many spills into 3d row and most of them with minimal contact. He truly has a unique talent for that.

He's a dime a dozen type player. The tall/long connective passer who has absolutely no scoring ability and is probably too tall to be a primary handler. Shooting is a huge swing skill for him and he's not even close to being a good shooter as he barely even attempted a 3 per game in college.

Much better players in the 1st round IMO.