What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

Tony Jones seems to think Keegan Murray is a strong candidate to go at #4. If that's the case, the draft could look like this....

1 - Chet to ORL
2 - Jabari to OKC
3 - Paolo to HOU
4 - Keegan to SAC
5 - Sharpe to DET
6 - Jaden to IND
7 - Then Portland has to choose between Mathurin, Griffin, Duren, etc. Probably they take Mathurin, but I could see them moving this pick.

I’d say the biggest draft lock is Murray at 4 unless a big slips.

Knicks need a centerpiece in a Donovan trade, and Barrett isn't it. Sharpe or Ivey could have been though.
Exactly. Let's say NY sends 4 1st rounders. More than likely all are out of the top 10. What a waste for Don.

They could throw in Barrett, but that's no guarantee for success either and doesn't help with Rudy. We would still have to blow it up and only have #10 or later picks to trade.

Thats not great.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Honestly, I’d rather have guys from next year anyway. I’m probably higher than most on Victor as I think he’s the best prospect since LBJ, but even guys like Scoot seem like AS material to me.

Honestly, I’d rather have guys from next year anyway. I’m probably higher than most on Victor as I think he’s the best prospect since LBJ, but even guys like Scoot seem like AS material to me.
TBH, Holmgren is the only guy I LOVE in this draft.

Give me Jeremy Sochan above a lot of others guys. Guaranteed role player star IMO.

Exactly. Let's say NY sends 4 1st rounders. More than likely all are out of the top 10. What a waste for Don.

They could throw in Barrett, but that's no guarantee for success either and doesn't help with Rudy. We would still have to blow it up and only have #10 or later picks to trade.

Thats not great.

There's just no possible way Donovan Mitchell gets you (4) first round picks (unless they are all lottery protected). He isnt that good to warrant that package.

Knicks need a centerpiece in a Donovan trade, and Barrett isn't it. Sharpe or Ivey could have been though.

Thats not great.

Are you guys fried? Barrett is more than enough for being a centerpiece of a Donovan deal. He’s 21 and averaged 20 PPG this year lmao.

Are you guys fried? Barrett is more than enough for being a centerpiece of a Donovan deal. He’s 21 and averaged 20 PPG this year lmao.
Even the 4 or 5 firsts is pretty good… I mean based on track record 3 or 4 will be lotto picks and with flatter odds we are seeing teams jump up every other year or so… what if Donovan gets hurt one year… now you landed a very nice pick.

Hell NO got a top 8 pick from a team that had Lebron and AD… you telling me Donovan and RJ are gonna be a perennial no brainer playoff team every year? RJ still might suck… he’s had one good shooting year in empty arenas. I love when we assume these teams will be great forever and forget that in the nba **** happens… hell Boston made the damn eastern conference finals betting against a team being good for a long time.

If we moved Donovan for 3+ unprotected picks from NY I can basically guarantee we come out ahead.

I honestly wasn’t joking. Did we miss out on a 1st because of playoff outcomes thus far?

It was going to convey to Memphis unless we were picking in the top seven I believe.

We will also have no picks in 2024 as we gave it to OKC to jettison Favors. Our cupboard is bare.

I think Sacramento uses 4 to trade back with Indiana or Detroit. I think Ivey is a great fit with both of those teams and a totally ****** fit with Sacramento. Since Sharpe is a mystery I think Ivey has to be #4. Would Detroit do Grant and 5 for Barnes and 4? Maybe they move Barnes for other stuff in a separate deal... or Grant and 5 for Holmes, #4, and filler. Fox, Grant, Barnes, Sabonis is a solid start to a potential play in team.

Indiana would be mostly draft capital.

I could see Sacramento just taking Murray or Ivey (and using him incorrectly)

View: https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1526952505049063425

Great... now everyone gonna get wise to the fact that Williams should go ahead of Duren.

Guy has amazing size, good athleticism, is coordinated, has great hands... and might have shooting potential. I think he is a sure fire, no doubt, top 12ish center.

If they want the next Mutombo. I get it, he's going to be good. He does look like Mutombo at Georgetown, and probably a bit more fluid.